Capital One Bank Login issues

Options
rcfaux
rcfaux
Community Member

Hi guys.
Having trouble with login for Capital One website with 1Password 4. Bought the app in the iTunes store if that matters. Have confirmed the extension is "4." version and that Safari is in the "application/" folder as suggested on other threads. Have both attempted to save login credentials as I enter the bank's site and also manually without success. It will take me to the site from the extension guide tab and it attempts to fill in both user id and password but leaves both blank and submits the blank entries. The website then kicks back that both fields need to be filled to login. Help! And Thanks!!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There's a useful thread here about login problems on the Capital One website. Some of the suggestions may help. If not, by all means post back.

Stephen

• jbthomson2
    jbthomson2
    Community Member
    Options

I have been having this issue with the Capital One login for some time. I observed that the Username field is properly filled in, then the password field, then the username field is erased. I assumed this must be 1Password clearing the username field with what must be an otherwise empty field on the web page. Bingo! If you look at the web form details, there are both us-cred-cards-uid and ca-credit-cards-uid (and corresponding [us|ca]-cred-cards-pw fields) plus a bunch of others for logging in to Banking, Auto Loans, etc. I used Edit mode and deleted the ca-cred-cards-uid and ca-cred-cards-pw fields, saved it, and now it works for me. Then I went back and deleted the Banking, Auto loans, etc for good measure and it still works.

This would seem to be an error in 1Password using the Canadian credit card information fields to overwrite the US credit card fields.

• Thanks for the further tips, @jbthomson2‌!

This discussion has been closed.