custom layout update - ever?

Options
lenny_eiger
lenny_eiger
Community Member

I know you have a lot on your plate. I run a small isp. I'd like to put the email logins of my handful of customers in there, somewhat securely. I also want to keep their card info. It's not mine, its theirs... I need to do it securely. There is no layout for this... How hard could it be to have a few configurable fields?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Would a secondary vault help you?

• Hi @lenny_eiger‌,

I'd have to say that I like where @hawkmoth is going with this. A secondary vault to contain customer data could hold their emails in either Email Accounts or Identities, and their card info in Credit Cards.

• lenny_eiger
    lenny_eiger
    Community Member
    Options

Hmmm. I am not sure I know exactly what a secondary vault is. I suppose the secure note could hold them all... but this is the top program. We should be able to hold custom layouts... One has to consider that there are all sorts of fields on the credit card that wouldn't be used for clients cards.... I am currently using both 1Password and SplashID. I'd really like to have only one app... They have about a dozen fields, that you can changes the names to for a custom layout. It's a simplistic solution but it works.

• Hi @lenny_eiger‌ You can add custom fields to items. Perhaps that can be of help?

To add a secondary vault, open 1Password 4 for Mac, click the 1Password menu, and click New Vault.

• lenny_eiger
    lenny_eiger
    Community Member
    Options

I wanted to research this before I responded. I have. This only appears on some layouts. However, for my purposes its not there. I am remapping the mail server, and to do so I have to keep track of a few customers passwords. I can't put them in Logins, which is clearly made for the web, and contains all my own web logins. A second vault might help a little, but the fact remains that this feature is one that many have asked for, and for some time.

You are also 2/3-3/4 of the way there. If you can add (and presumably subtract) fields from a layout, why not have a freeform category. This program is expensive, you must be making some cash and you could easily put a programmer or two on the problem. It's an obvious benefit. Please take this seriously, I've invested in this app and would like to see it solve more than 1 of my needs. I didn't pay $50 to have web passwords saved.

Thanks for trying to help. I'd just like to see something happen in this respect... that makes sense to me.

• chrisdj
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @lenny_eiger‌,

This is still on the roadmap. We haven't forgotten about it. It just seems every time we set down to do it, something big comes up that demands our attention. I just can't promise when this will happen, but I can promise that we really want this too.

ref: OPM-1643

This discussion has been closed.