One time token insertion [suggestion: disable auto-submit for item, manually enter token and submit]

Options
Jon Pamment
Jon Pamment
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

My bank web site requires a username, password and optionally a key from a generator token.
1password used to always leave the 3rd field blank and I could automatically log in.
For some reason about 3-4 weeks ago 1 password started to fill in the 3rd field, (i don't know with what as it just shows as dots) which now causes the login to error, 5 errors and I'm locked out.
I have tried everything I can think of to stop it entering the 3rd field. Including deleting and re creating the login data.
1password doesn't show a third field when you "show web form details"
What the fix?
1 password 4 for mac
Happy to email the site to an agile bits email address but would prefer not to post it in an open forum.

Comments

• Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

If you were to export that Login item as ALL FIELDS with TITLES into a Tab-delimited text file, you could then import it into a spreadsheet with it's field titles and their content ... might give you a clue to the fix.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

The usual way to fix problems like this is to re-create and save a new login manually for the site. The linked page includes the following:

Saving a new Login manually can be helpful for fixing Logins that are problematic or that were once working but have since stopped. It allows 1Password to refresh everything it “knows” about the page and start from a clean slate.

That's why doing so may help you in this case.

Edit: a slightly easier way of achieving what @Lamplighter‌ was suggesting would be to look at your original login, click on show web form details and see what's there. Nevertheless, you may find the easiest solution will be to do what I've suggested.

Stephen

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

You could set 1PW to fill but not submit on that website. That way, after the third field is wrongly filled in, you can fill it in correctly and then submit.

• I think @danco's idea is the best solution. Edit the login, and at the submit field, change the value to never. That is the best solution in this case.

• Jon Pamment
    Jon Pamment
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the ideas, I had already found and changed the submit to not ever. I was really trying to find out why the behaviour changed in the hope of being able to auto submit again.

• chrisdj
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi Jon,

Could you let me know the address of the bank site so I test the form specifically?

EDIT: Following up with Jon in PM.

This discussion has been closed.