1Password Pro - app disappeared from iPhone

My app disappeared from my iPhone. When I went to my iPhone downloaded apps it will not launch/re-install. From researching I see that the version I was using must be an old one that is no longer available. Can you tell me if agile bits is programmed to delete the apps when they are old? As you can guess, I need my information. I am not a techie, so I am not sure what to next. The app wasn't installed on my computer, just my phone.

Next question, Since I paid for the 1Password Pro and can no longer access it, I am assuming I will only be able to get the latest version - is that right? Will I have to pay another $10 for the newer version? ( I hope not). In future, what is the best way to back up the app/data?

Erin

Comments

• Hi @estockford‌,

While I am unsure why your app was removed from your device, I can ensure we did not have anything to do with it. There is no way for an iOS app to uninstall itself without the user initiating the removal.

Now, if you open the App Store on your iPhone, then tap Updates, then Purchased, your purchase of 1Password Pro should still be in there and available to install. We did remove it from sale when 1Password 4 came out in December 2012, but we left it available in the Purchased section for existing owners to re-download if needed.

As you may have noticed in the previous paragraph, 1Password Pro was discontinued and we launched a new version, 1Password 4, a little over a year and a half ago. This was indeed a paid upgrade. That is what is currently for sale in the store right now.

If you are able to find and install 1Password Pro from your purchase history, I am not sure your data will be in it if you had never synced to another installation, such as 1Password for Mac. Because if the app was deleted, it would have taken all the data with it (this is how all apps on iOS are required to behave). Please let me know if you can redownload it from purchase history.

This discussion has been closed.