Fill Login On Current Page Shortcut Not Working [resolved by configuring Sophos]

Options
bryanschmiedeler
bryanschmiedeler
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

All of the sudden my shortcut for the fill lotion on current page has stopped working. I looked and it doesn't appear that it is conflicting with anything other shortcut. When I press the shortcut, nothing at all happens.

I run 1Password on my work computer and the shortcut works there.

Thinking about removing preferences. Any suggestions?

Bryan

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It might be useful to know your 1P4 and OS X versions, together with the browser you are using and the browser extension version number. Also, what you do mean when you say:

nothing at all happens

Sorry if that sounds like an irritating question. I ask only because on occasion I've experienced 1P4 mini opening on use of the ⌘\ shortcut, highlighting the relevant login but completely failing to do anything else when the relevant page is displayed. Are you saying that happens or 1P4 mini doesn't even open?

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bryanschmiedeler,

Please try restarting 1Password mini and if that doesn't help then restart your system. If Command-\ (⌘\) still misbehaves after that, does 1Password mini open at all when you press the Option-Command-\ (⌥⌘\) shortcut?

The more details you can provide, the quicker we'll be able to get this sorted out! :)

• bryanschmiedeler
    bryanschmiedeler
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Oh man, that was a poorly asked questions. Watching a football game with my father-in-law while I wrote it. My bad.

1Password Version: 4.4.1 (441006)
    Browser: Safari 7.0.6
    Mini Version: 4.2.4

I did try restarting the OS.
    I had not tried to reinstall, but I did that.

The Option-Command-\ (⌥⌘\) shortcut does open mini, but Command-\ (⌘\) does not fill in the password.

Stephen when I say nothing at all happens, I mean that the username/password combo is not filled in, nor is there an error or any other visual clue to what is happening.

Again, sorry I didn't provide more info, I hope this can helps us getting this sorted out.

PS Is there a way to subscribe to posts?

Bryan

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a way to subscribe to posts?

If you click the star button at the top right of the thread it will bookmark the thread for you. You can then go to your forum profile, edit it, choose Notification Preferences and change the appropriate preference to get an email when someone comments on a bookmarked thread. (There are other notification options you'll find there too.)

It does sound a little as though you may be seeing what I see. I can be on a site (using FF 32.0.1) with a saved login (I'll call it the "Relevant Site"), press ⌘\ to fill the login, 1P mini opens, highlights the relevant login in 1P mini but does nothing at all further. I've no idea why that happens but it seems to happen with sites I log in to, and out of, frequently, and leave open in a browser tab. Further, if I have, since logging out of the Relevant Site, visited some other site with a login page the keyboard shortcut does usually work on the Relevant Site. It's almost as though 1P4 has some memory of having logged in to the Relevant Site and so won't do so again unless and until it's "refreshed" in some way by visiting some other page.

Sorry this is so long-winded—and even more sorry if it doesn't sound at all similar to your problem!

Stephen

• bryanschmiedeler
    bryanschmiedeler
    Community Member
    Options

Stephen,

Thanks for clearing up how to subscribe to posts.

I don't think what I am experiencing is the same thing. My version of 1Password at work (with really the identical specs as far as OS, versions etc.) works just fine. At home right now I just can't get the autofill to work at all. If I click on the icon then the drop down works.

Bryan

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Bryan ( @bryanschmiedeler ),

I hope you're getting forum notification okay now after @Stephen_C's help. There's also some information about them in another post (#4).

Watching a football game with my father-in-law while I wrote it.

The perils of multitasking? :)

The Option-Command-\ (⌥⌘\) shortcut does open mini, but Command-\ (⌘\) does not fill in the password.

What happens if you open the page in your browser, press Option-Command-\ to open 1Password mini, select the correct item, then press Return?

Can you check the General tab of the Preferences window to make sure the keyboard shortcut for Fill Login on current web page is correctly set to ⌘\ ?

Even if it looks correct you could try clearing and resetting it.

At home right now I just can't get the autofill to work at all. If I click on the icon then the drop down works.

Then you probably got the same result using the Option-Command-\ shortcut that I asked about above.

If you're still stuck after this, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

After reviewing the report we'll be able to better assist you with finding a solution for this problem. Thanks in advance!

• bryanschmiedeler
    bryanschmiedeler
    Community Member
    Options

I just followed your instructions and sent in a diagnostic report.

I very much appreciate the assistance!

Bryan

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Got your email with the report; thanks for sending that in!

Can you try Configuring Sophos to allow local connections and let us know if that fixes the problem?

ref: XIU-85289-646

• bryanschmiedeler
    bryanschmiedeler
    Community Member
    Options

That was it. Makes sense that I have to put in local host.

Thanks a ton!

Bryan

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad to hear your filling problem was fixed by reconfiguring Sophos; thanks for letting us know! Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this topic. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to start a new topic or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.