iPhone sync error with iCloud after changing iPhone

Options
motterich
motterich
Community Member

1Password for iOS 4.5.3 iOS 7.1.2 (iPhone 5S) iOS 7.1.2 (iPad 3rd generation)

I have problems to get syncing to work with my mobile devices with iCloud.

My iPhone was changed by Apple because of an error and after i got a new one and they manipulated my backup so i could re-install it
on the new phone i have problems to sync 1password on the iPhone with iCloud. No problems with the Ipad. A strange thing is that under settings->iCloud->Storage & Backup->Mahae Store the icon from onepassword is like the icons from a "ghost" app like here "Go Music" -> http://cdn.instructables.com/FR4/I3A9/HHS9IHLN/FR4I3A9HHS9IHLN.LARGE.jpg

I reinstalled the app and after choosing "Bereits Nutzer"-Existing User? and then Cloud sync I get an error message "Not all 1Password information was received. Waiting for files: band_0.js band_1.js band_2.js band_3.js band_4.js band_5.js band_6.js band_7.js band_8.js band_9.js band_A.js band_B.js band_C.js band_D.js band_E.js band_F.js folders.js profile.js" I tried to follow the instructions with stop syncing/rebooting/deleting also from icloud. Nothing worked.
I cannot send a diagnostic report from my iphone because i can´t get there because of the sync error.

What can i do?

Thanks in advance and greetings

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @motterich,

Did you wait for all apps to finish installing and wait a few hours for iCloud to finish downloading its data?

It sounds like iCloud isn't yet done downloading your data and your screenshot also suggests that the restore is not yet done, plus it shows the iTunes sync is still going.

When I had to do a restore on my iPhone, it actually took several hours for it to finish everything, including the download from iCloud. It might be longer for you if you have a slow Internet access.

In the meantime, make sure your iPad is syncing to iCloud by opening 1Password on the iPad, unlock, and go to Settings > Sync, confirm that it is syncing without any issues.

• motterich
    motterich
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for Your posting. I waited till the icloud sync was done, some apps could not be restored from the cloud. After that the iPhone made a Backup at night. I realized that i missed some apps the day after and re-installed the apps from the app store. The iPad is syncing without any errors. As i wrote above i deinstalled the app, stopped sync from iPad, deleted the data from the cloud, did the thing with resetting the data in the cloud, ... Nothing helps :(

• motterich
    motterich
    Community Member
    Options

I turned off syncing from the iPad, then deleted the data from the Cloud. After that i went to icloud.com to reset the data. I thought that there is no 1password data left in the cloud. But after rebooting my iPhone, starting the app and "Existing user"-icloud there is an error with this message : Data folder exists in icloud container exists but is missing important vault information (profile.js). Perhaps this helps anyone?!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @motterich,

Have you been using the iOS 8 or Yosemite betas at any time? Because there have been some big changes to iCloud in the betas, this could be where things are getting tangled up.

• motterich
    motterich
    Community Member
    Options

hi megan, i was not using any beta at any time :(

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @motterich,

Thanks for getting back to me with that information! We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

—iOS—
    https://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• motterich
    motterich
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan, i am not using 1password on my Mac only on my iPad and iPhone. I will make a report with my iPad, i cannot make a report with my iPhone. After the Installation on iPhone and choosing "existing user ( Bereits 1Password-Nutzer in German) -> sync with iCloud i am getting a "new" error since a few days -> "Data folder exists in iCloud container exists but it is missing important vault information (profile.js). Should i make a report with my iPad? Everything is working fine there

• Hi @motterich,

That's fine, the report from your iPad will help. Thanks in advance!

• motterich
    motterich
    Community Member
    Options

report send from iPad

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @motterich,

Thanks for sending that Report in! I took a quick look in our system, but I was unable to find an email from the address you attached to your forum account. If you could send me a private message with the address that you used to send in the Report, I'd be happy to track it down and ensure that it gets answered quickly. :)

UPDATE:

Diagnostics Report located - we'll continue this conversation by email so that we don't get things muddled up between here and there. Our support team should have you sorted out in no time!

ref: CRZ-41253-391

This discussion has been closed.