Registration for 1Password 3 [Resolved]

Mike_701
Mike_701
Community Member
edited September 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I recently purchased 1Password 4 for my MAC not realizing I could not use it on my system. I am, however, allowed to use 1Password 3 and have been doing so for a while. I cannot register my 1Password 3 even though I do have the registration number… I keep getting messages that indicate the number is incorrect… FWIW, I requested my registration number from AgileBits and copied and pasted it into the registration key box - same error. Any ideas?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014

Hi @Mike_701,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble getting your copy of 1Password 3 for Mac registered. I took a quick look in our back office records, and I was unable to find your license based on the email address attached to your forum account. Did you purchase 1Password for the Mac from the Mac App Store? If so, the Mac App Store version of 1Password actually doesn't have a license key as it is tied to your Apple ID. The iOS versions of 1Password work the same way - you will have no purchase information stored in our records, the purchase is only tied to your AppleID.

If you purchased from our website, I will need one or more of the following:

1. The email address that was used for your purchase (or a list of possible emails if you can't remember which one).
    2. Any alternate spellings of your name that you may have used when purchasing 1Password.
    3. The last 4 digits of your credit card number that was used for the purchase (or a list of possible numbers that may have been used). Please note that I don't need the whole credit card number, just the last 4 digits!

You can send this information to me in a private message, if you prefer. Once I get a look at your license, we should have a better idea of where things are getting tangled up.

Thanks for your patience!

• Mike_701
    Mike_701
    Community Member

spadaro212@comcast.net

• Mike_701
    Mike_701
    Community Member

I was finally successful. Thanks for your assistance!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mike_701‌

Thanks so much for letting me know that you've gotten things sorted out! I apologize that I wasn't able to be much use to you here. Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.