Alternative for Master Password for devices without TouchID? [Solution: Quick Unlock Code]

Options
sgmiller
sgmiller
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

It seems that I have to enter my master password each time I use 1P with Safari on my IPad that has no Touch ID. Is there any way to set some kind of time period after the unlock so that I don't have to keep entering the master password?

Comments

• Crquixote
    Crquixote
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. It defeats the use of the extension.

• CyberBob
    CyberBob
    Community Member
    Options

I would like to know the answer to this too. Was the focus of the Safari extension on Touch ID and iPad users were forgotten?

It's especially troublesome considering that many websites have the login name and password entries on two separate pages. Right now that seems to mean that I have to enter the 1Password master password twice to login at one site!

Ack! Agilebits, please advise...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @sgmiller‌, @Crquixote‌ and @CyberBob,

As you've likely noticed, Touch ID is currently only supported on the iPhone 5s and iPhone 6/6 Plus. If your device is anything other than these, you will not see the option to use Touch ID in 1Password. But fear not, you can still have easy access to your data! In Settings > Security, you will have the option to enable a Quick-Unlock Code. This will function in the same way as TouchID (but with a few extra taps).

To learn more, you can see our guide here:

http://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios-kb/4/en/topic/touch-id-faq

And if you have any further questions, we're here to help!

• CyberBob
    CyberBob
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan, that information was helpful.
    It's working great now with the quick-unlock code and variable timeout delay.
    1Password working in Safari is just what I've been waiting for!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CyberBob‌

I'm so glad to hear that you're off and running with 1Password now! Enjoy the new app extension (we're super excited about it here too!) and if you have any further questions, you know where to find us. :)

This discussion has been closed.