Issues Syncing through iCloud

Options
iaeen
iaeen
Community Member

I recently decided to switch from Dropbox to iCloud syncing, and I am having trouble getting mu iPad to sync. When I go into settings and tap start syncing w/ iCloud, a box pops up saying "one moment, please' and immediately disappears. I was able to get all my other devices to work (2 Macs and an iPhone), but I'm stuck with the iPad. Any ideas on how to get past this?

Comments

• Jasper
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @iaeen,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. We're happy to help get things fixed for you. :)

First of all, are you using the iOS 8 beta on your iPad (or the iOS 8/Yosemite betas on any devices)?

Thanks in advance for the additional info!

• iaeen
    iaeen
    Community Member
    Options

I have an OSX 10.10 beta installed on a secondary partition on one of my Macs. It is connected to iCloud, but does not have 1Password installed. All of the other devices have the most up to date production build of their respective operating systems.

• Hi @iaeen,

On that 10.10 iMac, did you activate iCloud Drive? If so, that makes a permanent change to your iCloud account, and breaks sync with iOS 7 and Mavericks based devices. Apple does warn about this during setup.

• iaeen
    iaeen
    Community Member
    Options

At no point have I enabled iCloud drive. I did put 1Password onto the beta partition. It loaded an old version of my 1Pw information that I didn't even know was still floating around in the cloud, but thats not really the issue as the beta partition is going to get deleted as soon as 10.10 is released. As I have said, this entire time my iPhone has been syncing without issue (both on iOS7 and now iOS8) while the iPad is seemingly unable to even search iCloud for a file.

I am thinking about deleting 1Pw from the iPad and reinstalling it, but I'm concerned that if this doesn't work, I'll lose my now out-of-date information on my iPad.

• Hi @iaeen‌,

With iCloud as a sync service kind of being up in the air at the moment, at least until OS X Yosemite is officially released, I think I would recommend staying on Dropbox a while longer with all your devices until things with iCloud stabilize. Like I said, that should be when OS X Yosemite has released, and you have upgraded to iOS 8 and Yosemite on your various devices. Until then, I do believe Dropbox is the way to go.

Another option is to use Wi-Fi Sync. That may not be a bad place to start with the out-of-sync iPad, to make sure its data is current with your Mac. Then switch back to Dropbox.

This discussion has been closed.