New User - Multiple Vaults Issue

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

I bit the bullet and purchased the family bundle and installed the full Pro version of 1Password on my iPhone. I'm getting a mismatch message when trying to add my secondary vault to my iOS 1Password.

I created my primary Vault on my Mac version of 1Password which I have setup on Wi-Fi sync for now until Yosemite comes out. The secondary vault was also created on my Mac with the purpose of sharing it across family members. I have this vault syncing to Dropbox. I then go to my iPhone where it's already synced to my primary vault and try to add the secondary vault but get a mismatch error because it recognizes that most of the logins in the secondary vault do not match the primary vault which makes sense.

What am I doing wrong here? Should I not be merging these two vaults on my iOS app? I get the impression from the pop-up messages on the iOS app that I'm doing something wrong here.

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Anyone? :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jagstyles,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we experienced a surge in support requests recently. We're doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting set up with multiple vaults here. I'll do what I can to help get things sorted out here.

I'm not quite sure I understand how you are trying to add the secondary vault on to 1Password 5 for iOS. To add a secondary vault, you'll want to go to Settings > Vaults and select 'Add vault'. Tap 'Sync with Dropbox' and select the vault you wish to use. This should create a separate vault for the data stored in Dropbox and not merge data into your existing vault.

I hope this helps, but we're here for you if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.