extension question/solved issue [Make sure the URL in the Login matches the site's domain}

d2theustin
d2theustin
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

Hi Team,

Everytime I attempt to use the 1password extension in safari to fill a login it doesn't show any logins it just shows the blank 1password background see screenshot.. any ideas? I've tried rebooting etc I'm using beta 25

Edit : Nevermind, i figured it out-- it's because it was on the mobile site and not on the regular site.. perhaps it should recognize that just because it's a mobile site it should know by the actual mobile.websitehere.com that its a login associated with the one in the app.

My other question is -- are you able to generate a password from the extension.. i don't see that option anywhere.

Comments

• Hi @d2theustin‌,

Everytime I attempt to use the 1password extension in safari to fill a login it doesn't show any logins it just shows the blank 1password background see screenshot.. any ideas? I've tried rebooting etc I'm using beta 25

As you found out, it just means there are no Logins for it. We'll fix this by saying "no items found" in a future update.

Edit : Nevermind, i figured it out-- it's because it was on the mobile site and not on the regular site.. perhaps it should recognize that just because it's a mobile site it should know by the actual mobile.websitehere.com that its a login associated with the one in the app.

That's strange, it should show you all items belonging to the domain, not the subdomains. Can you tell me if the desktop's URL is the same websitehere.com domain as the mobile site? Try editing your Login to include the mobile URL and see if it will show up now.

My other question is -- are you able to generate a password from the extension.. i don't see that option anywhere.

Not yet, it is only possible in external third party apps that uses 1Password to generate a new Login item with a new password.

We wanted to get 1Password 5 for iOS out on the first day of the iOS 8's release, so there are some features that didn't make the final cut. For an example, the Identity and Credit Card fillers are not in the first version but will be in a future update.

Now that both iOS 8 and 1Password 5 is out, we'll move on to adding more features to 1Password 5, especially the extension for both third-party apps and Safari. Stay tuned, it is going to be awesome. :D

• d2theustin
    d2theustin
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

That's strange, it should show you all items belonging to the domain, not the subdomains. Can you tell me if the desktop's URL is the same websitehere.com domain as the mobile site? Try editing your Login to include the mobile URL and see if it will show up now.

I didn't realize that the website(s) i was testing this on had different websitehere.com addresses.. thanks..

• Hi @d2theustin‌,

You're welcome.

I didn't realize that the website(s) i was testing this on had different websitehere.com addresses..

That's actually why we're very strict about the URLs. Imagine if the other URL was a phishing site, you wouldn't want 1Password to fill in your data there. So, we require everybody to manually approve each URL by editing the Login to insert the other addresses.

This discussion has been closed.