1Password creating multiple files in Drobox accross various devices

Options
kvnw
kvnw
Community Member

Hi there,

I use 1Password for my iMac, iPad and iPhone, and I sync it with dropbox. But it seems there are at least 4 files which are indendent to the device that use each file.

They all stem from the same original file, but when new passwords are saved, it seems to only save to a file that becomes local to that device.

As a result, I have some passwords on some devices, and some on others. But I don't have ALL passwords available to all devices, which is obviously frustrating.

I originally put the file in my Dropbox/Apps/1Password folder and now there are files there, in a Dropbox/1Password folder, a Drobox/1Password.agilekeychain folder and in the Dropbox root folder.

Not sure how it happened but I can't be the only one.

THANKS for your help!

Comments

• I am having this same issue, except I can add a Windows computer as well. Have you heard from anyone about a possible solution or configuration change that will help?

Thanks!

• daoist
    daoist
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having a similar, but worse problem. I've opened a ticket with support.

I installed 1Password on my Mac, then migrated the vault to Dropbox. It even downloaded and installed Dropbox for me. It made: Drobox/1Password.agilekeychain and all was well.

Today I decide I'd like to share that vault with Windows 7. I install 1Password. No Dropbox option. I install Dropbox, Dropbox option appears, but it creates: Drobox/Apps/1Password.agilekeychain

When I try to point it at the Mac's vault, it sees Drobox/1Password.agilekeychain as a directory, not a file...

I may go back to KeePass if it doesn't work any better than this...

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Apologies for the delay, folks. We're a bit busier than usual due to the launch of 1Password 5 for iOS. I don't want to make any excuses, but that is the reason for the delay.

It sounds like each of you has a slightly different situation (though there are certainly similarities). Rather than causing confusion here in the forum by trying to give one reply that you can all use, I'd love to have each of you email us a Diagnostics Report if you don't mind. That will give us a clear picture of the exact situation with 1Password on your computer:

So we can give you some specific (and hopefully easy) instructions, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

This will provide us with more information about your current setup, and allow us to provide you with specific steps.

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

ref: JJW-71465-233

This discussion has been closed.