using 1password across different computers??

Options
halloween75
halloween75
Community Member

Hi - I would love to purchase but I need to know if or how it can be used on my MacBook Air at home as well as my husbands PC (windows)at work? Does the family plan cover that or how would that work?
Thanks!

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

There is a family license for the Mac + PC bundle available on the AgileBits web store. The price is essentially the same as if each of you purchased a single license for your own platform, though. If there are other family members involved, up to five in the same household, then the family license becomes a much better deal.

The licenses are supplied on a per user, per platform user. So you could use the Mac license on as many Macs as you could accumulate and use yourself. Likewise for your husband on the Windows platform.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I have a follow-up question on this topic. If I buy the Mac + Windows Family bundle license. Would this allow 5 users to install 1Password on their Mac and the same 5 users to install 1Password on 5 PC's? In other words, is it 5 PC and 5 Mac Licenses you're getting or 5 total licenses and then you decide how they are split between Mac/PC?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Licensing is per-user, so a Mac+Windows Family bundle allows up to 5 family members in the same household to use 1Password on as many Macs and PCs as they can possibly ever afford. There is no limit to the number of computers. The limit is only for the number of users (family members).

I hope that helps.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.