Browser extension seems to use an older vault

Options
francoiseguyaux
francoiseguyaux
Community Member

Hi,
I have a login that are in my 1password but not in the browser extension (Chrome, Firefox or Safari). I changed my vault password but the extension will open only with the old password - so it seems that the extension is connected to an old version of the vault - how can I fix that ?
Please advise on how to solve the problem - I tried to delete and re-install the browsers extensions, the problem stayed.

Thank you for helping,
Francoise

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Are you sure you don't have more than one version of 1Password on your Mac? If you are sure that is not the case please let us know the version number of 1Password you are using and also your browser extensions' version numbers.

Stephen

• francoiseguyaux
    francoiseguyaux
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks but I search my mac, there is not older app. I am using 1password 4.4.1 and the latest extensions since I just updated them (chrome 4.2.4.90 for example). I checked on my phone and it is syncing and using the good vault. Thank you for helping!

• francoiseguyaux
    francoiseguyaux
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I tried to delete the extension, than restart then re-install and now it is working - I just hope it will not happens again...I am going to test in the 2 other browsers

• francoiseguyaux
    francoiseguyaux
    Community Member
    Options

FYI, it happened after I changed my dropbox file location, then when I saw it was not working in the extension, I put it back at its original location. Strange bug.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@francoiseguyaux‌, if you move your data file without notifying 1Password then your data will be inaccessible to both the main 1Password app and to 1Password mini. I wouldn't mind getting a Diagnostics Report from you to verify a couple things on your machine. If you don't mind, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

This will provide us with more information about your current setup. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.