Update on Chrome Plans Please??

Is true Chrome support coming or not? And if so, what is the timeline?

It's hard to believe that such a normally great and normally user-friendly company is unable or unwilling to give it's paying customers any real answers here. I remember being told a few months ago that "the Chrome extension is not on the backburner"... well clearly it has been, so please just be straight with us!!

Comments

• JayBarcelo
    JayBarcelo
    Community Member
    Agree, we need updates!. Please Fix the sorting Accounts List and add HUD Search (Option+Command+\)
  • Google Chrome has increased its market share by 5% compared to a year ago, and it is currently growing faster than any other browser available.

Current comparative reviews show that Chrome is faster, more stable, more innovative and more user friendly than the competition browsers.

Considering the expected explosive growth of Android devices in the coming year, I think it is reasonable to assume this trend will continue in an accelerated fashion.

Therefore I strongly suggest the Agile team to increase its efforts in the development of the Chrome extention, which has been stuck at version 0.8.1 for quite a long time now.

For the 1Password program I can only give compliments, excellent job on that!

Marc
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Marc,

Welcome to the forums! Thank you for the kind words. :-)

We do have an Android app available (which is quite separate from the Chrome browser on the desktop).

The problem with Chrome is that it's extension framework is still in very active development. It has not had a chance to mature in the way that Safari and Firefox have. For example, the 1Password Chrome extension does not fill HTTP auth prompts at this time. This is because the HTTP auth window is not yet accessible to us. That is but one example. Suffice to say that some of our work has been wasted efforts as the framework shifts rapidly. It's not an easy task, but we thank you all for your patience and understanding.

We are all anxious to see this happen. Chrome is much more stable for me than Safari right now (although I do look forward to WebKit2 integration — whenever that might be).

Agile (h) Chrome!
  • JayBarcelo
    JayBarcelo
    Community Member
    edited October 2010
    What stop you from fixing the Login List sorting in alphabetical order like in Safari and Firefox, please!!.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for your patience, folks! I am happy to say that the latest version of the Chrome extension now has Credit Card and Identity filling, a new icon and interface, and alphabetized lists!

We hope you love it as much as we do. :-)

Cheers!
  • 1Password is a great app. But as soon as anybody out there comes up with a similar app that works on Chrome, I will switch right away. And I am sure others will too. Probably Google is already on a similar app themselves, and it will be free. Just hope 1Pass will wake up soon!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2010
    Hey marcmolenaar,

1Password is a great app.

Thanks for your kind words!

But as soon as anybody out there comes up with a similar app that works on Chrome, I will switch right away. And I am sure others will too. Probably Google is already on a similar app themselves, and it will be free. Just hope 1Pass will wake up soon!

We try to avoid commenting directly on other products. We'd much rather continue to make 1Password be the best it can be its own right.

Are you using the latest version (3.5.0.30785) of the Chrome extension? We would be interested to hear which features you feel we're missing right now. Please let us know.

Thanks!
  • marcmolenaar
    edited October 2010
    Just tested the new update for Google Chrome. It is still NOT USABLE because it does not fill all logins, like it does on Firefox. An application like this is utterly useless if it does not support all types of logins encountered. Then you might as well stick with the standard browser autofills. Sorry 1Pass but 9 out of 10 is not good enough for a supportive app like this. If you are not perfect you will be Passed by the competition!

PS: Logins that don't work are the ones that create a login popup like the Hostgator authentication pages. That's many pages (billing, root, user) that I cannot access using 1Password.
  • roustem
    edited October 2010

Just tested the new update for Google Chrome. It is still NOT USABLE because it does not fill all logins, like it does on Firefox. An application like this is utterly useless if it does not support all types of logins encountered. Then you might as well stick with the standard browser autofills. Sorry 1Pass but 9 out of 10 is not good enough for a supportive app like this. If you are not perfect you will be Passed by the competition!

PS: Logins that don't work are the ones that create a login popup like the Hostgator authentication pages. That's many pages (billing, root, user) that I cannot access using 1Password.

I believe that you are referring to HTTP Authentication windows.

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to support these HTTP Auth prompts in Chrome.

Please see this bug report. Your vote would help too:
    http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=32056
  • This thread is old and there are many posts on different subject.

I am locking this thread. Please create a new topic.
This discussion has been closed.