1Password 4 User - Can't Install 1Password 5

Options
millerstevew
millerstevew
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

I am a 1Password 4 user. I just upgrade to iOS 8. When I attempt to install 1Password 5 a pop up asks, "Download this item for free? It will be added to your Purchases." I select, "Download," the popup disappears and then an identical popup appears asking me again, "Download this item for free?" This repeats until I select instead "Cancel" and the install stops. I've tried removing the app. When I attempt to install it fresh, the same thing happens. Likewise, when I attempt to download it in iTunes a popup appears, which I've attached, asking me the same question. Thoughts?

Comments

• cbl527
    cbl527
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here

• kefas198
    kefas198
    Community Member
    Options

same issue
    This repeats until I select instead "Cancel" and the install stops.

• markepskamp
    markepskamp
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, please find a solution soon!

• KishorK
    KishorK
    Community Member
    Options

Same Issue here :(

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Just in case any of you are trying to download via iTunes, have you tried downloading direct on to your iDevice from the App Store? There has been mention on this forum of some difficulties with downloading via iTunes (although I'm not sure if it's also causing your problem). I just thought the suggestion might help some of you.

Stephen

• Fer Salvarezza
    Fer Salvarezza
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Stephen, I've tried on my iphone and on my Mac OS Itunes and i can't get rid of the loop....

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, that's helpful additional information for AgileBits. I'm really sorry I can't suggest any other solution just at the moment. Don't despair, someone from AgileBits who really knows something (as opposed to me ;) ) will be along soon!

Stephen

• heinst
    heinst
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here...don't know what to do. Not really fair that I pay the 18 dollars for the app and getting punished by having to wait for the update when the people who came along get the update AND get it for free. AgileBits doesn't seem to be too concerned or helpful (at least the person on twitter wasn't). AgileBits should contact apple about this if it is their fault or pin point the problem with the app. Kinda disappointed that theyre not responding to this issue when it is a pretty big issue.

• Hi everyone. We're trying to gather more information about this problem. I have a few questions for all of you:

1. Did you update 1Password from iTunes or on your device?
    2. Are you using the same Apple ID in the store as the one you used to purchase 1Password 4?
    3. Have you turned on Family Sharing?

Thanks your responses, and hang in there—it might take some work to figure out, but we'll make sure everyone who is entitled to a free unlock of the Pro Features ends up with them!

• Fer Salvarezza
    Fer Salvarezza
    Community Member
    Options

My answers: 1)On both: Device and Itunes, same loop. 2) yes. 3)no.

• KishorK
    KishorK
    Community Member
    Options

(1)Tried using iTunes and also the device (2)yes (3)no

• whatisitscientist
    Options

I'm having the same problem too.
    1. Tried on itunes, iphone, ipad. All displaying the same problem
    2. Yes
    3. No

• Chuck Larcom
    Chuck Larcom
    Community Member
    Options

Updated on my device, then tried through iTunes. Same result. Same Apple ID. I had turned on Family Sharing prior to trying to update to 1P 5 but had not added any family members. I was running 1P 4.5 prior to update. During troubleshooting process I tried deleting and restoring. No luck. Now I have a no access to 1P at all!

• Chuck Larcom
    Chuck Larcom
    Community Member
    Options

The problem has nothing to do with a free unlock of Pro. We cannot even download the Update.

• Chuck Larcom
    Chuck Larcom
    Community Member
    Options

And yes I've paid for multiple versions of 1Password on iOS and Mac over time, to include the Pro version for iOS. Right now I can not even use 1Password!

• millerstevew
    millerstevew
    Community Member
    Options

I'm the author of this post. Like those responding my answers are similar:

1. Did you update 1Password from iTunes or on your device?
      No

2. Are you using the same Apple ID in the store as the one you used to purchase 1Password 4?
      Yes

3. Have you turned on Family Sharing?
      No

• CarstenS
    CarstenS
    Community Member
    Options

Good evening,
    I have been using 1Password for quite a time on my iMac, iPhone and on my iPad 3. Since I have updated to IOS 8 last night I'm not able to install 1Password any longer . The process always stops while loading the APP from the apple store. Because I can't get rid of the incomplete APP I'm also not able to restart the installing process from the scratch. I'm lost now and hope you have some advice.
    For better understanding I attached 3 screenshots.
    Thanks in advance,
    Carsten

• diegoss
    diegoss
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, I've tried updating and deleting / re-installing both from iTunes and AppStore. I have now activating the Family Sharing but not at the time of the first update

• timbo74
    timbo74
    Community Member
    Options

I had the latest 1Password (4.x) version on my iPad and iPhone 5s when I updated to iOS8. I then tried to upgrade my 1Password to version 5. My iPhone downloaded and installed 1P version 5 without a hitch. My iPad supposedly downloaded 1P OK, but when installing it, it got to about the 11:00 position on the installing 1P icon and then stopped. This was 12 hours ago. Both my iPad and iPhone were/are configured the same way as follows...
    1) was set to sync via Dropbox with iOS 7.x and 1P 4.x
    2) I enabled iCloud drive when installing iOS8
    3) I did NOT enable family sharing on either my iPhone or iPad when setting up iOS8.
    4) Installed via the Apps store (not iTunes) while NOT connected to my Mac

The "installing" 1P icon on my iPad is not only stuck, but doesn't have an "x" on it so I can delete the icon and try reinstalling it.

Please advise... Thanks a lot!

• timbo74
    timbo74
    Community Member
    Options

HEALED! To solve the "stuck" install of 1P ver. 5 on my iPad, I went to the Apps store and noticed v5.01 was now available for download. I clicked on the "install" button and it immediately installed the v5.01 version over the "stuck" 5.0 version. Problem solved!

• diegoss
    diegoss
    Community Member
    Options

Updated automatically to 5.0.1 and is now working

• CarstenS
    CarstenS
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, it is a pain, however I found a solution for my problem. I finally restored my iPad completely with iTunes and now everything seems to be fine.

• KishorK
    KishorK
    Community Member
    Options

5.0.1 Fixed it for me.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi everyone,

You have my sincere apologies for the trouble here. As @timbo74 mentioned, version 5.0.1 is now available as an update in the App Store. Please update to this version - it should get everything working properly for you all!

(If not, of course please let us know and we'll investigate further ... but I've got my fingers crossed, just in case!)

• markepskamp
    markepskamp
    Community Member
    Options

Yesssss, worked like a charm! Thanks for the fast fix.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @markepskamp‌

Whoo!! Thanks so much for letting me know that got things working for you. I'll be sure to let our devs know that their hard work paid off. :)

• Dragon
    Dragon
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, 5.0.1 seems to have worked for me too.

• Thank you all for the updates! So glad to hear 5.0.1 has resolved the issue for you.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.