Import Issue (Fixed)

Options
Silverfish
Silverfish
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

EDIT: After much consternation, I seem to have gotten it to work. Update below for any other poor souls having a similar issue.

So I'm a little lot late to the update party and I've been trying to import my data from the old 1Password Pro (3) to the new 1Password 5. 5 can see 3's data, but when I attempt to import it, everything goes great until 5 will crash after I put in my master password for the final transfer. I tried re-installing 5 and pulling from 5 to 3 (instead of opening 3 and pushing to 5), but I get the same end result. The vault gets created, but there's absolutely nothing in it.
3 is also crashing any time I put in my master password, to the point that I can't even change my master password.
I Emailed myself a copy of 3's database file, so I have that, but 5 can't see it when I put it into dropbox and I don't know how else to get it to transfer. I've never really used the desktop version, especially not within the last year, so what's on my phone and a backup file or two is pretty much all I have.

Edit: Tried restoring a backup from 2011 (the most recent I have aside from today), and that imported. Still trying to get the more recent data to work, though.

Edit 1: Restored the backup from today again and went through the process a few more times (un-install/re-install 5 each time to get it to reset). I think my master passwords were mismatched (I had used a slight variation and did not realize until I attempted to access something in the 2011 backup file, which gave me a failed attempt message rather than just crashing, and tipped me off).
The app seems to have been crashing whenever an incorrect password was entered, rather than displaying the failed attempt message, which is possibly a bug I think should be looked into.

Comments

• Thanks for the report, @Silverfish‌. Glad to hear you were able to get it working. I will do some research and see if we can reproduce the crashing issue.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.