iCloud 5 Pro for iOS 8

Options
KeithWeisshar
KeithWeisshar
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

If I click on Remove Purchase on the Advanced Settings I lose Pro status. I have to either reinstall the app or use Erase Data and Settings and then restart the app. The restore purchase button doesn't work unless I pay another $9.99. Why is there a Remove Purchase button in Advanced settings? This remove the Pro status.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KeithWeisshar‌

I'm sorry to hear that the 'Restore purchase' button isn't behaving properly - I'll be sure to let our developers know. At least the 'Remove purchase' button is working as advertised though. ;)

I've spoken with our developers about why that 'remove purchase' option is there at all, and, well ... that option was there largely for testing purposes. We had to ensure that 1Password looked great, both for Pro users and for users on the free version. Now that 1Password has been released, this option will likely be removed in an update to avoid confusing users.

• KeithWeisshar
    KeithWeisshar
    Community Member
    Options

Using Remove Purchase from Advanced Settings and then buying Pro via in-app purchase will result in an additional credit card charge.

• KeithWeisshar
    KeithWeisshar
    Community Member
    Options

Installing 1Password using iTunes will not have a Pro status.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @KeithWeisshar‌

Thanks for following up here. I understand that the 'Remove purchase' option is causing you some grief here, and I'd be happy to help you get it sorted out. Are you currently unable to access the Pro features? Earlier you mentioned reinstalling the app. Have you tried this already? You can refer to our FAQ here: 1Password 5 for iOS Pro features not immediately unlocked after upgrading for instructions on how to backup your 1Password data before reinstalling the app if you do not have your data backed up on another computer or synced to the cloud.

Again, I apologize for the trouble here, I've mentioned this issue to our developers.

ref: OPI-1639

• KeithWeisshar
    KeithWeisshar
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 5.0.1 update still has the Remove purchase option.

• KeithWeisshar
    KeithWeisshar
    Community Member
    Options

Developer, do you plan to remove the "Remove Purchase" option in the next update? It's still in the 5.0.1 update.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KeithWeisshar‌

I haven't heard from our developers if the 'Remove Purchase' option will be removed or not. Version 5.0.1 was released quickly to ensure that a few key issues were resolved for users, there will of course be plenty of future updates to address other issues. :)

Your patience here is much appreciated - thanks for keeping us on our toes!

This discussion has been closed.