1Password Mini Power Usage [fix is planned for a future update]

Options
rbgaynor
rbgaynor
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

I have the latest version 4.4.1 of 1Password installed, 1Password Mini for Safari shows its version as 4.2.1. Still seeing 1Password Mini listed as an energy hog (requires high performance GPU) on a mid 2010 MBP. Should the version numbers match (1Password and 1Password Mini)? Anything I need to do to see the fixes that were supposedly in 4.4.1?

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @rbgaynor,

Still seeing 1Password Mini listed as an energy hog (requires high performance GPU) on a mid 2010 MBP.

This is currently a known issue affecting the 2010 MacBook Pro. The problem relating to the high performance GPU is still being investigate by our developers, and it is a tricky one. Every indicator so far has been that it is a bug in Apple's graphics drivers for certain Macs. I'm sorry to hear that this issue is affecting you, I'll mention it to our developers again.

I have the latest version 4.4.1 of 1Password installed, 1Password Mini for Safari shows its version as 4.2.1. ... Should the version numbers match (1Password and 1Password Mini)?

Yes, the version of 1Password and 1Password mini should be the same. But, the browser extension is developed and released separately, so it is expected that the Safari extension is a different version (and 4.2.1 is the latest).

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• rbgaynor
    rbgaynor
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I saw the comments on the latest release that said this was fixed so I was hoping. Really, Apples problem or no all we need is the ability to disable the silly animation.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @rbgaynor‌

Thanks for the feedback here. I'll mention to our developers that you're keen to see a fix here as soon as possible!

ref: OPM-866

• nathanwilkes
    nathanwilkes
    Community Member
    Options

Any progress on a fix? On my MacBookPro6,2 the energy usage is extreme enough that it makes the laptop quite hot, so much so that I generally have to launch and then quit 1Password for each use. Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nathanwilkes‌

Thanks for checking up on us here. Unfortunately, I don't have much of an update for you at this time. This is not to say that we are not working on this bug - we know it's a doozie. But there are just too many factors involved with bug fixes and feature updates that could alter a planned release date, so we do our best to not make promises that we can't keep.

I sincerely apologize that this bug is causing you trouble. I've added your thoughts to the issue in our internal tracker. We appreciate your patience as we work to get this sorted out.

• Russford
    Russford
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I have the same problem on 2010 MBP, so hopefully you will be able to roll out a fix soon?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Thank you for letting us know this is affecting you as well, @Russford. I have what may be good news. Another user reports that this issue is resolved when running the latest beta version of 1Password on Yosemite. :)

This discussion has been closed.