v5.0 WiFi Sync broken.

Options
ucs308
ucs308
Community Member

Before the update to version 5.0 I was able to sync my two MacBooks and 1 iPhone as follows. Using Wifi sync I sync my primary MacBook Air (MacBook One) with my iPhone. I would close 1Password on the MacBook One, wait awhile and then open 1Password on MacBook 2, Its name would show up in the sync screen on my iPhone, I would select it and then sync the iPhone with MacBook Two. Under v5.0 I never see MacBook Two listed as an option.

Comments

• ucs308
    ucs308
    Community Member
    Options

Anybody?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It's quite possible this is irrelevant because it relates to the Yosemite compatible 1P betas but there is a post from MikeT here (on the 1P for Mac beta forum) which just may have some bearing on the problem.

Stephen

• ucs308
    ucs308
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Thanks. It sounds like it might be the same problem. But It worked before my upgrade of the iOS app and I have not updated my 1Password Mac app. So I think they broke something. I am afraid they have actually changed the design so I will not be able to sync in the future the way I have in the past.

It would be nice of somebody at 1Password would take a look before releasing 5.0.2 which must be imminent.

• Hi @ucs308‌

It does indeed sound like the issue Mike described, which if that is the case as he mentioned our developers are aware of and have every intention of fixing so that you can continue to sync using this method.

In case it is not the same issue, could you please share the exact version numbers you have for 1P for Mac and 1P for iOS?

Thanks!

Ben

• ucs308
    ucs308
    Community Member
    Options

4.4.1(41008) on a MacBook(s) running(OS X 10.9.4) 5.0.1 on iOS (iOS 8).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @usc308,

I've replied to your other post about TouchID - let's take a closer look at your system to figure out where everything is getting tangled up! Thanks for your patience as we sort this out. ;)

This discussion has been closed.