Can 1password use a mobile URL for mobile sites and a desktop URL for desktop sites

Options
Clange
Clange
Community Member

HI Folks -

I was previously a 1Password user on Mac and just started using the newly released 1Password IOS app after I upgraded my 5S to IOS8. I’ve done some hunting and haven’t been able to find an answer to this question.

Questions/problem
I started using 1Password as a mac user and will often use 1Password to initiate a browsing session to a password required site.

In other words, if I want to go to Amazon as a logged in user, I’ll start in 1 password, select my amazon login and to right to the site

I’d like to do the same thing using the mobile app..but I don’t know how to make 1password distinguish mobile sites from desktop sites

In other words, I’ll open 1password in iOS and use the 1browser to again go to Amazon
I’ll end up in a logged in state on the Amazon “desktop” website

I’d prefer to go to (and login to) Amazon’s mobile website

How can I do that?

I figure I could use the 1Browser to navigate to Amazon’s mobile html web site…and log in
I assume I could then update the stored URL in the IOS app.

But I figure while synching, the mobile URL would override the “desktop URL”

Bottom line, is there a way to have 1password on IOS be smarter about using the mobile versions of websites that I already have stored passwords from having used the desktop verions

Comments

This discussion has been closed.