IOS, iDrive, Windows and 1PasswordAnywhere

Options
pjstrns
pjstrns
Community Member

I have been looking into password managers but never liked the subscription based options. I would need access on my iPhone 6, my PC (Win7), and at work. My biggest issue is at work. I work in a secure environment where we cant install things on the computers, nor can I have cell phones or USB drives. Also dropbox is blocked.

My question is with iDrive would there be a way to use 1PasswordAnywhere with 1Password sync'd to my iDrive without installing any browser extensions?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

So far, 1PasswordAnywhere only works via Dropbox. Many of us hope for a change in that, and I now the AgileBits folks know many of us depend on it. But that's the only option at the moment.

• Unfortunately with such limitations at work you're fairly limited in terms of options.

Just out of curiosity: they block Dropbox, but allow iCloud? Any idea what the logic there is?

We are investigating other sync options which could possibly open up access to 1PasswordAnywhere in more spaces than just Dropbox, but we're still in the very early stages of that.

• pjstrns
    pjstrns
    Community Member
    Options

I was misunderstanding the way all the pieces work together. I was able to play with it at home last night and now see what issues I would have. Dropbox's popularity I guess brought it to attention of the Admins and thus they blocked it. Some lesser know services like Copy and iCloud still work though.

Guess it is back to the drawing board.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pjstrns‌,

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password's solutions don't work for your work situation right now. Please do let us know if you have any further questions, we'd be happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.