Extension Not Showing Up In Safari "More" List

Options
HFTobeason
HFTobeason
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

I've followed the instructions at https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/5/en/topic/extension. I've even deleted and reinstalled 1P from the iOS app store. No joy. The 1P extension does not appear in the Safari->Share->More list, so I can't even enable it. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong... Screenshots attached showing 5.0.1 installed, and the "missing" 1P option in the More list. Please advise. Thank you.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I initially had the same problem and tried various things to "find" the extension in Safari. In the end I think I re-booted my iPad and things started working.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HFTobeason‌

Well, I'm glad to hear that you found the support article on enabling the extension ... but I'm a bit baffled as to why it doesn't seem to be behaving for you.

This is probably completely off-base, but just to confirm: you did set up 1Password first, right?

If you've done that already, we'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:
    http://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member
    Options

I am confident that I did "set up" 1P - I've been using previous iOS versions since it was first released - and 5.0.1 is working just fine, with the exception of the extension. I will email a diag report now.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HFTobeason‌

I kind of thought so, but I have to be extra careful sometimes. :) We look forward to taking a peek at the Report to see what's up.

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

SOLVED -- it was pilot error -- I was looking at the "Share" list, not the "Action" list in Safari. Per AgileBits support: "the Share list is the list of colourful icons on the top row, whereas the Action list is the list of black and while icons in the bottom row". My bad.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @HFTobeason‌

Thanks so much for letting us know that you're all sorted out! With a new iOS, that's an easy mistake to make. :) I'm including a screenshot here to help any other users who might run into the same issue.

If you have any further questions, we're here for you!

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member
    Options

I think that's labeled upside-down -- Share List is on top, Action List is on bottom, no?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HFTobeason‌,

Well ... yup! You're right. That's not going to help clear anything up for anyone, is it? ;) I've updated my image. Thanks for spotting it!

This discussion has been closed.