Location of secondary vault to move to new Mac?

Options
UvPCP
UvPCP
Community Member

Hi
I have created a secondary vault on my main Mac that I use as an archive of older passwords.
I bought a new Mac and made a fresh install. My primary vault synced back fine (iCould).
But I can't find the location of my secondary vault anywhere. No tab in preferences seems to indicate it location and I didn't see anything in my Documents folder or in the Application Support/1Password folder that looks like a vault.

Where can I find my secondary vault to move it to my new Mac?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

@UvPCP‌

If you want to keep the vault in sync with the other Mac you would need to use some sort of syncing method. iCloud will currently only sync the Primary vault.

Will you be keeping the older Mac ?

• UvPCP
    UvPCP
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Thightower

Yes my primary vault syncs through iCloud. That is working just fine and I know that I can only sync 1 vault through iCloud.

The thing is that I created a second vault on my old Mac but have no idea where the file for that vault is located. I am about to wipe that Mac completely and finding that vault is the last thing that keeps me from doing that. I'm not keeping that old Mac and don't even need to sync that second vault, I just need to find it and move it to my new Mac.

So any idea how I can locate the file for it?

Thanks in advance

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

If you didn't want to set up Dropbox sync, and this was a one-time transfer, you could just copy over 1Password's data folder manually. Here are the locations depending on which version of 1Password you are using. Just be sure to verify that all is well on the new Mac before wiping the old one. :)

Mac App Store version of 1Password:

~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Data

The version of 1Password from the AgileBits website:

~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.