1password 3 Chrome Browser Extension will not connect - just counts

Options

I've seen this issue a few times on the discussion board but no complete answers posted. I am moving from an old iMac to a brand new one and cannot get the Chrome or Safari browser extensions to connect (they just start counting once I type in my master password).

Thanks for your help.
Kevin

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Kevin ( @Kmcmillan‌ )

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the extension right now. We've got an announcement pinned to the top of this forum that should help with the Safari issue: "Problem with database" in v3 extension in Safari on OS X Mavericks.

If you're seeing this message in Chrome as well, we may need to take a closer look at your system. It sounds like the communication between the extension and the main app may have been interrupted.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac3

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Kmcmillan
    Kmcmillan
    Community Member
    Options

I've sent the report via email. Thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Kevin ( @Kmcmillan )

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: NQX-13524-381

This discussion has been closed.