Vault Mismatch

Options
kaufmanhw
kaufmanhw
Community Member

I have the agile bits keychain set up on Dropbox and am using OX10.9.4 on my iMAC. I have 1Password 4.4.1 on my MAC and 1Password 5 updated for IOS 8 on my iPhone and iPad. Several months ago, I noticed that new items added to 1Password on my MAC were no appearing on my phone or iPad. I have therefore added these directly into 1Password on the mobile device. When I go to settings on the Phone e.g. and tell it to sync with Dropbox, I get the following message; VAULT MISMATCH, Data in primary folder vault different from vault you selected in Dropbox. Do Not Merge. apparently there are 158 items in my Vault and 156 items in the Dropbox vault. I am pretty confident that 1Password on the MAC has the correct data. I am not sure what to do.

Comments

• alwayscurious
    alwayscurious
    Community Member
    Options

+1 I am having the exact issue since upgrading to iOS 8 and 1Password 5.0.

• krgraham
    krgraham
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. Everything was in sync prior to iOS 8 update.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry about that, folks. Make a backup of the data on your Mac (File > Backup) just as a precaution. But then what happens if you simply merge the data?

• alwayscurious
    alwayscurious
    Community Member
    Options

I just did that and all looks OK now. Hard to say though, since I have ~1.5k items. All of the numbers do not match. The merge screen showed my local vault having 1530 items and the Dropbox vault with 1545. My local Mac's backup showed 1531 at this time. Post-merge, iOS reports 1492 items and my Mac continues to report 1530.

Any thoughts on the discrepancies?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

How many items do you have in the trash in 1Password for Mac? Depending on your version they are included in the "All Items" count on the Mac, but they are not included in the count on iOS. This is on our list for resolution in an update, but would that account for the discrepancy between the two at this time?

ref: OPI-1757

• alwayscurious
    alwayscurious
    Community Member
    Options

Yup, that was the cause of the discrepancy, good call! So I guess the bottom line is that the merge worked despite all the warnings against it? Do you know what caused it to not think it was the same vault in the first place? Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The logic behind determining a vault match is in flux. I'd have to double-check with the developers to give a definitive answer. If you don't mind waiting I can check on that.

I'm glad everything is working well, though, despite the confusion with the item counts. That should be resolved in a future update. :)

• alwayscurious
    alwayscurious
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help and keep up the good work - it's been an invaluable tool for me for years!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks so much for your kind words and continued support! It really does mean a lot to us. Have a great rest of your week. :D

This discussion has been closed.