1Password not working in 10.9.5

Options
saavik
saavik
Community Member

I turned safari extensions back on but 1Password refuses to connect. I type in my master password and it just shows 'Connecting' and counts up. I tried the hint of connecting to the main app first but that did not fix it. I have attached a screenshot of it doing this.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Please check Safari > Preferences > Extensions to make sure that the 1P extension is enabled. The upgrade to Safari in 10.9.5 disabled extensions.

Stephen

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you're still having trouble, @saavik, please let us know which version of the main 1Password app you have installed. The screenshot you posted is from the 1Password 3 Safari extension, but the current version of 1Password is version 4. If you are still using 1Password 3 then the extension you show is the correct one. Otherwise, please be sure to use the 1Password 4 extension if you are using the 1Password 4 app.

You can always get the correct version of the extension for your app version by installing the extension from 1Password's preferences or the menu bar:

• Parseword17
    Parseword17
    Community Member
    Options

I am having an identical problem. "Connection 1 . . . 14 . . . .98 . . . "

I am using 1Password 3.9.20 and OS X 10.9.5

Problem started over the weekend.

Password extension is turned on.

Thanks.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Parseword17‌ were you by any chance using OS X 10.8 before the weekend? I don't believe 1P3.9 works on OS X 10.9: I think you need 1P4.

I think 1P3.9 was a version from the Mac App Store and is eligible for free upgrade to 1P4.

Stephen

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

1Password 3 should work well on OS X Mavericks, but 1Password 4 is so much better. :)

And as @Stephen_C mentioned, 1Password 4 is a free update to 1Password 3.9 from the Mac App Store, so there is nothing to lose.

If you're still having trouble, @Parseword17‌, please let us know. We're happy to get things sorted out.

This discussion has been closed.