Filling stopped in Safari after updating to OS X 10.9.5 [enable 1Password extension in Safari prefs]

Options
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

And so it begins...

I've read the Announcement above about synching with iCloud. But I use DropBox to synch with my wife's vaults on our family license. My wife's vaults are in a separate "partition" (different USER) on my MacMini... which started running the upgrade OS X 10.9.5. this morning

The new OS is working properly on my "partition", and the 1P4 logins in my primary vault and in my secondary vaults work properly, as expected.

But... when my wife logs into her partition, her login items do open the website sign-in window, but do NOT fill the Username or Password. Likewise, when the website login is already open, clicking the 1p4 login item again still does not fill or enable the sign-in. This fails with both her primary vault logins and her secondary vault logins. They were working yesterday, so I assume this issue is a result of the OS upgrade to 10.9.5.

Any suggestions ???

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

It sounds like the browser extension just needs to be enabled. Open Safari's preferences and enable 1Password on the Extensions pane. I think I heard something about the 10.9.5 update disabling all extensions for some reason.

Let me know if that doesn't do the trick.

• Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Thanks for your suggestion about the Preferences, but that was not the problem. At least in my situation, 1Password was already enabled.

My set up is a family license, 1 ipad (eventually), 1 Mac laptop, and my MacMini, and we all use DropBox for synching. For convenience and testing, I have myself as Administrator on the Mini, and my wife is a User (separate partition). Since we anticipate she will be using the iPad, she is set up for 1P4 to run on Safari, but I normally run on Firefox. As far as I know, all software is up to date, and was working properly prior to the Mavericks upgrade last week.

As I understand it, 1P4 (or 1P5) is not yet ready for prime time on the iPad, so I have no information about that platform right now. After posting my 1st comment in this thread, I did a lot of banging around in my wife's partition on the Mini around to see if I could do anything to get 1Password working withSafari... And I did !!!

Hooray... 1Password using the Safari extension and Mavericks 10.9.5 is NOW working properly on my wife's partition.
    Likewise, 1Password using the Firefox extension and Mavericks 10.9.5 is also working properly on my own partition.

But it is not all sweetness and light. I can not get Safari to work on my own partition, maybe because of a different problem (previously reported by me and by others on the formum). My default browser is FIrefox, but when I try to launch 1Password using Safari, it defaults over to Firefox, and Firefox then opens a blank screen BEFORE launching the Login window. Now the screen displays get weird. Firefox launches the Login as if nothing was different. But Safari now launches the Apple website and gets involved with updating my AppleID... But In any case, you are probably not interested in this for right now. Back to Safari and Mavaerics 10.9.5...

How did I get Safari working in my wife's partition ??? I don't know !

I banged around a lot trying different things and I did not keep track of everything I tried or event the sequence of events and outcomes. But the things I think were important ... in one order or another ... were:

1) I did another install of Mavericks 10.9.5 from within my wife's partition.
    2) I did another install of the Safari extension1Password 4.4.2 from within my wife's partition.

I'm sorry that I didn't keep track of what all I tried, and it's likely this won't do you much good, but except for the fact that the 1Password extension for Firefox is NOT installed on my wife's partition, the version numbers of all the software seem to be the same, and it was the (redundent ?) RE-INSTALLATLION of Mavericks and the the 1P_Safari extention on my wife's partition is all that I remember making the difference.

Here are my versions:

A)
    My partition (Administrator)
    Mavericks: 10.9.5
    1Password: 4.4.1(441008)
    FireFox: 32.0.2 (default browser)

1Password Safari extension: - INSTALLED
    1Password FireFox extension - INSTALLED
    ——

B)
    My wife’s partition (User)
    Mavericks: 10.9.5
    1Password: 4.4.1(441008)
    Safari: 7.1 (9537.85.10.17.1)

1Password Safari extension - INSTALLED
    1Password FireFox extension - NOT INSTALLED

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your suggestion about the Preferences, but that was not the problem. At least in my situation, 1Password was already enabled.

It was worth a shot.

Hooray... 1Password using the Safari extension and Mavericks 10.9.5 is NOW working properly on my wife's partition.
    Likewise, 1Password using the Firefox extension and Mavericks 10.9.5 is also working properly on my own partition.

Woohoo! Great news. :)

But it is not all sweetness and light.

Drat. No worries. We'll dig deeper.

I'm trying to keep track of what is not working, but please forgive me for struggling to keep up. Just to be clear, the issue is that 1Password is not filling in Safari for you? Everything else is essentially working well (or something we can address after we get filling working in Safari)?

So we can give you some specific (and hopefully easy) instructions, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

This will provide us with more information about your current setup, and allow us to provide you with specific steps.

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Community Member
    Options

I feel I'm living in one of Sheldon Cooper's universes... this one runs on Mavericks 10.9.5. (build 13F34).

And in this universe, 1Password4 Version 4.4.1 (441008) from the Agile Web Store, is working, as expected, with BOTH Firefox (Version 32.0.2) and Safari Version 7.1 (9537.85.10.17.1) via Safari extension version 4.2.4.
    Only the speed of light is different in this universe because time is all that has changed since 2 daus ago when 1P4 on Safari was being erratic.

I'm still feeling the only thing I've done since my upgrade to OS 10.9.5. was to re-install both Mavericks 10.9.5. and the 1P4 Safari extension (4.2.4) in both my partition and in my wife's partition. Of course, one other difference is that I default to using Firefox while my wife defaults to Safari. But for right now, Safari is working fine in both partitions. Go figure.

But let me know if you still think a report from my universe would be helpful...

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Phew! I'm just glad everything is working well everywhere now. It's like Schrödinger's Mac over there! ;)

We don't need a Diagnostics Report if things are working well, but if they start acting up again please do email one so we can dig deeper. :)

This discussion has been closed.