automatic login filling

Options
tkastner
tkastner
Community Member

I have selected both "Automatically submit logins after filling" and "Animate form filling" in my preferences, however, on none of my computers to the logins get filled automatically when entering the login page of the respective site....this seemed to work perfectly fine with Google or Safari browser and I would appreciate if this could work with the 1password extension also in order to avoid having to enter the password again for every single site. Please note however that the shortcut for entering the login / password does work indeed.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @tkastner,

Thanks for your interest in this style of autofilling for 1Password, similar to Safari and Chrome. It has been suggested before and I've tallied your vote along with others we have for it. :)

• RickA
    RickA
    Community Member
    Options

I vote for that too. Missing Lastpass until this is added as an option.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

I'll make sure the developers are aware of your interest in this as well, @RickA. Please do note that the feature has specifically not been added thus far for security reasons outlined in a paper presented at USENIX Security 2014:

We made the decision in 1Password about what Silver et al. call "automatic autofill". We do not allow it for exactly the reasons listed.

So far, we have resisted pressure to compromise 1Password's security in this regard (or even add an option to do so). It's nice to have a solid paper that backs us up in our decision, but we are constantly evaluating different threat models and how to protect against them. Your feedback on this is much appreciated. Please keep it coming.

ref: OPM-303

This discussion has been closed.