migrating iPhone to Mac via iCloud

Options
jayspire
jayspire
Community Member

After setting up a new account on iPhone 6, I'm trying to sync to my Mac for the first time.
"Documents and Data" sync are enabled on both.
And yet I'm getting an error message: "Could not find 1Password data on iCloud."

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

If that's an iPhone 6 with 1Password 5 iOS then you won't be able to sync with iCloud until Apple release Yosemite and AgileBits release 1Password 5 OS X. 1Password 5 iOS only works with the newer iCloud Drive but neither Mavericks or 1Password 4 OS X do.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed. @littlebobbytables‌ is correct. 1Password 5 for iOS uses the brand new CloutKit APIs (which are part of the also new iCloud Drive). iCloud Drive is only available in OS X Yosemite on the Mac, and it is not publicly available yet.

For complete details, please see:

iCloud in 1Password 5 FAQ

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• jayspire
    jayspire
    Community Member
    Options

Oh boy. Does this all my 1Password data will be lost if I lose my iPhone?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

...not if you back up your iPhone to your Mac via iTunes. ;) Alternatively just use wifi sync for the time being, which works perfectly well for me.

Stephen

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

As mentioned in the aforelinked FAQ, Dropbox sync is another solid option. I've been using Dropbox sync for years and find it to be great. :)

This discussion has been closed.