iPhone 6 screen support [Will be supported in a future update]

Options
svplolz
svplolz
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

On both of the new iPhones 1Password is enlarged to fit the screen, making the app look fuzzy and out of proportion.

Are there plans to make the app display correctly and use the space available on the new screen sizes?

Comments

• Chris100
    Chris100
    Community Member
    Options

I noticed also that it runs in zoomed mode, but the extension runs in standard mode.

• mathurd
    mathurd
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

I also see artifacts on the lock screen that appear to be caused by scaling.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5m8nyt5zpstcss/IMG_0232.PNG?dl=0

• Dragon
    Dragon
    Community Member
    Options

They've had a week and a half to react to the news of bigger screen sizes.. I would be shocked if they don't update, but it will probably take a few weeks to get that sort of thing sorted out.

• aurelius
    aurelius
    Community Member
    Options

I just want to second the "artifacts" @mathurd‌ mentioned. I see the exact same behavior on the lock screen on the iPhone 6.

• seasub
    seasub
    Community Member
    Options

Same "artifacts" on my iPhone 6 Plus. At first glance, I thought the screen was scratched!

• j!e!t!s!
    j!e!t!s!
    Community Member
    Options

Why does 1Password default to the "Zoomed" (larger) Display Zoom view? I have iOS 8 on my iPhone 6 set to use the Standard (smaller) view...

• j!e!t!s!
    j!e!t!s!
    Community Member
    Options

thanks chris100!

• Hi folks,

We are aware that the UI has not yet been optimized for the available screen sizes. We're working on it. :)

Thanks.

Ben

• SebNYD
    SebNYD
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

The issue is not just that the display is fuzzy, some things are just not possible anymore because of the enlarged keyboard.

At least with the french version of the app, if you're trying to paste something in a field that is below login, password and site, you won't be able to do it since it is behind the keyboard. AT best, you can type without seeing what you're actually typing... This is very annoying :-(

I know that this is probably Apple fault since they are supposed to just zoomed the app and obviously this is not exactly what they are doing...

Any ETA on when an update will be available ?

Thanks,

• No ETA other than 'as soon as humanly possible.' Of course some of it is dependent on Apple's review process.

We all use the app too and are of course excited to have it looking awesome on our iPhone 6s and 6+s.

This discussion has been closed.