One more 'TouchID Timer Issue' thread. [Moved to email]

Options
leesweet
leesweet
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

I've responded to an email thread to support with no real response from them, but I know they are swamped with emails. I thought I'd post here with a question and a comment.

I know my 48 hour timer isn't working that way (Request After is 48 Hours, and Request Fingerprint is set to 2 Minutes). I've tried toggling the keychain and TouchID switches, and I'm still prompted for the MP a lot less than 48 hours in. 1P5 is still active (never swiped closed), and the phone wasn't rebooted. This is an iPhone 6+. I also did the reset everything for 1P5, to stop the Vault Mismatch issue, and that seems to have cured that. But the timer issues persist.

My added comment is that if one hits cancel on the TouchID prompt, you do get the MP prompt. I don't think you should, but 1P is treating that as a PIN failure, and then prompts for MP. I think cancel should be treated as just that, cancel the 1P startup and close the program.

Note that I'm not seeing this as the source of my problem, as I get the next MP prompt less than 48 hours after that.... (usually four or five...). But an added issue that people might note as an unwanted MP prompt.

Comments

• Same here. As long as 1P is running in the background, I get the TouchID unlock screen. If I open the App Switcher and knock it out, I get the password, even with it set to not ask for 30 days.

I also had issues with the vault mismatch. I deleted the app and set it up again, both on my iPad and iPhone.

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member
    Options

Well, not same here. :) I am NOT swiping it out and shutting it down. I know that will cause it to 'start from scratch'. That's my point. It still should be 'in whatever memory' a background process has, and something is wiping it out. I'm wondering if we're running into the limit of the 1 GB of RAM for the iPhone 6 (apocryphal or not that limit may be...).

• Same here. As long as 1P is running in the background, I get the TouchID unlock screen. If I open the App Switcher and knock it out, I get the password, even with it set to not ask for 30 days.

This happens if Settings > Advanced > Use iOS keychain is NOT enabled. Please enable that setting. If it is already enabled, disable and re-enable it.

I think cancel should be treated as just that, cancel the 1P startup and close the program.

You're canceling the Touch ID authentication, not 1Password's startup. Hit the home button to put the app back in the background. :)

I've tried toggling the keychain and TouchID switches, and I'm still prompted for the MP a lot less than 48 hours in.

Is this with the main app or with the extension? We're aware of an issue with the extension not respecting the security settings of the main app.

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member
    Options

As I said, Keychain is enabled. This is the App. 5.0.1 And, what I was saying about the Cancel at the TouchID prompt was that it shouldn't kill the timer and prompt for the MP again.

• As I said, Keychain is enabled. This is the App. 5.0.1

Have you tried disabling the iOS keychain storage within 1Password > Settings > Advanced and re-enabled it?

And, what I was saying about the Cancel at the TouchID prompt was that it shouldn't kill the timer and prompt for the MP again.

I understand. Thanks for the feedback.

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I did turn keychain off and on. It's in the original post.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @leesweet,

I did a quick search in our email system using the email address attached to your forum account, and I see that you are currently being helped by someone from our team. Since conversation via email has the benefit of including things like Diagnostics Reports that can be very useful in tracking down tricky issues, let's keep the conversation going directly there so that we're not duplicating our efforts or causing confusion between here and there.

Thanks so much for your patience and understanding! Because this issue is being dealt with via email, I'll close this thread, but if you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to open a fresh thread, or contact us via email at support@agilebits.com.

ref: UUA-58156-873

This discussion has been closed.