1Password crashes on iOS 8 during fingerprint scan

Options
securityfreak
securityfreak
Community Member

This doesn't always happen. It happens probably 1 in 20 times. But if I launch iOS 8 and then hold down my thumb waiting for the fingerprint popup, occasionally what will happen is that the doors will open, showing me my vault, and THEN the fingerprint popup will appear. Also, it appears as though a duplicate status bar occurs at the top of the screen (also black).

At that point, the entire phone freezes and I have to restart to do anything. Extremely annoying.

Note: this is a brand-new phone. It has never been restored from a backup. So it should be as close to bug-free as they come.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @securityfreak‌

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I've noticed the same behaviour once myself ... although I'm not able to recreate it now. I'd really appreciate your help in tracking this bug down. If you do notice this again, please send us a Diagnostics Report:

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• securityfreak
    securityfreak
    Community Member
    Options

It just happened again. I would say the percentage is more like 1 out of every 10 times now. Really annoying.

I just submitted a diagnostics report, so hopefully that helps. Would love to see this fixed ASAP.

• securityfreak
    securityfreak
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, I just restarted my phone after the last crash, then tried again: it crashed again.

The problem is simple: if you launch 1Password and keep your thumb on the Touch ID button before you even see the popup, you will almost definitely crash the app AND freeze your entire phone.

What a huge issue.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @securityfreak,

As weird as it might sound, it's actually a good sign if you can re-create a bug. It means it's more likely that our team will be able to re-create it as well, which is the first step to getting it fixed.

Thanks for sending that Report in! I took a quick look in our system, but I was unable to find an email from the address you attached to your forum account. If you could send me a private message with the address that you used to send in the Report, I'd be happy to track it down and ensure that it gets answered quickly. :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Oddly, I have never been able to recreate this problem. If I open 1Password on my iPhone and immediately rest my thumb on the home button, before the 1Password prompt for my fingerprint or password, I never have had it crash.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Well @hawkmoth,

I'm glad to hear that 1Password is behaving properly for you here. :)

This discussion has been closed.