3.8.22 error [Try downloading a new copy of 1Password from our downloads page to fix this]

Options
Mistereff
Mistereff
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

1 Password promted me to update to latest version but I get an error when trying to download - 'An error occurred while extracting the archive. Please try again.' But just in a loop.

Any pointers? Just prior to this I installed a Safari update Version 7.1 (9537.85.10.17.1)

Thanks.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mistereff‌,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Try downloading 1Password 3.8.22 directly from our website and overwrite your existing copy. That should do the trick. Note that 1Password 3 is listed at the bottom of the page in the legacy section since the current version is 1Password 4.

If you wanted to upgrade to 1Password 4, now is the perfect time. The update for Yosemite is free to all 1Password 4 for Mac license holders. Great now. Greater later! :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• luisdelalama
    luisdelalama
    Community Member
    Options

When I try to upgrade to 3.8.22, I get the message "An error occurred when trying to extract the archive. Please try again" over and over. Can you please tell me what to do?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @luisdelalama‌,

I merged your post with this existing thread. Thank you for letting us know that you too are having this similar problem. We'll continue monitoring this for a trend. I know I've seen it happen once or twice over the years, but I want to make sure it's just a coincidence that it happened to two users this close together. If there is something we need to fix, we'd love to get it fixed.

For now, please see my post above and let me know if that doesn't do the trick.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.