Do I uninstall version 3.9 after upgrading to 4 for mac?

Options
247adg
247adg
Community Member

I followed instructions for upgrade and removed old extensions from browsers. I assumed upgrading would overwrite the old 3.9 version but it didn't. It's like another new software. I don't want both versions so how to I uninstall vers 3.9? This should have been automatic, it's a time waster to try and figure this out. Agilebits should make things easier.....

Comments

• 247adg
    247adg
    Community Member
    Options

p.s. I use 1password with dropbox with multiple devices (ipad, android, pc etc) so I don't want to disable my ability to do this. I only upgraded to version 4 on my imac which I'm already starting to regret. Everything was working fine, why did I do this........

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I assume you already have all your passwords from 3.9 in 1P4. Is that correct? If so you can uninstall 3.9 very easily by simply dragging the app file to the trash. It's much better not to use any app cleaner app because they will throw out the baby with the bathwater. If you simply trash the 1P3 app you will be left with some odds and ends from 1P3 but those include backups and it's better to hang on to those for a while until you're completely happy you have everything working satisfactorily in 1P4.

Note you need 1P4 for iOS (a seperate purchase) on your iDevices to sync from 1P4 using Dropbox, iCloud or wifi.

Stephen

• Hi @247adg,

I assumed upgrading would overwrite the old 3.9 version but it didn't.

1Password 3.9.x series was for 1Password at the Mac App Store. 1Password 4 was released as a simple update to that version, it was meant to intentionally overwrite the version. The only remaining task was to uninstall the browser extension(s) from the browser(s) and install the 1Password 4 extensions.

Did you download 1Password 4 from our website instead? They're two different applications from two separate stores. That might explain why you're having issues.

I only upgraded to version 4 on my imac which I'm already starting to regret. Everything was working fine, why did I do this........

We'll be happy to help you fix this as fast as possible. We need to know what is not working, so we can help you fix this. Did you enable the Dropbox sync in 1Password 4 to sync with the previous data file you had?

This discussion has been closed.