Auto-submit doesn't work on some forms

Options
acdx
acdx
Community Member

Hi,

Using the OS X Safari browser extension, some forms fail to auto-submit even though the password and username are filled in correctly.

It seems that a "method" attribute is required on the <form> element or 1Password won't submit. In HTML5 it's optional, though, and many sites now handle form submissions entirely using Javascript. Could the 1Password extension be modified to fire the submit event even if a method attribute is not present?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

It should work well regardless. Could you let me know the URL where autosubmit is failing for you? We'd love to dig deeper.

• acdx
    acdx
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

This won't auto-submit for me in latest Safari unless I add method="post" to the form tag.

https://gist.github.com/acdx/5d574b5b37d5d20847e1

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you! I've passed this along to the developers to take a look at.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I've got some more information for you, @acdx. Thanks for your patience. :)

Some sites don't include an attribute we look for to consider a form to be "valid". While it's perfectly valid to a form without said attribute, we don't consider it valid for our purposes, so we don't autosubmit.

In this particular example, we disable autosubmit if we find an event handler on the form.

We'll look into it further, but it needs to be carefully considered as it might break things on other sites. It definitely on our radar, though. Please let me know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.

This discussion has been closed.