How Many devices?

Options
wwwilks
wwwilks
Community Member

We have purchased 1Password for MAC. We have two iMac's and now just purchased a macbook pro. When I try to download the app to my new device, it looks as though it will charge me $49 again. How many devices can you use with one purchase?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Kind of depends on where you purchased 1Password.

If you purchased 1Password 4 OS X from Apple's App Store then it is accessible on any machine where you use your apple account and you should simply be able to download it again without being charged. If this is what you're trying to do and it's suggesting you'll get charged try looking in the Purchases tab. If you've purchased it before it should be here with a DOWNLOAD button.

If you purchased 1Password 4 OS X direct from AgileBits then you, the purchaser are allowed to install it on as many macs as you own. The highlight is because you use the word we in your description. If one of these machines belongs to a spouse or family member then you'd probably want to look at a family licence and I believe somebody from AgileBits would be able to help convert your single user licence to a family one.

Does that help?

• wwwilks
    wwwilks
    Community Member
    Options

We believe we purchased from the Apple Store. We have only 1 account my husband and I both use to access the app store. When looking under purchases, 1password does not show.

• wwwilks
    wwwilks
    Community Member
    Options

How can I tell if I actually purchased the app from Agilebits?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @wwwilks,

I hope the information from @littlebobbytables was helpful! Turns out you already have a Family license for 1Password 4, purchased directly from AgileBits, so you're covered. For your convenience, I've mailed you the license information for it. If you have other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

This discussion has been closed.