Cannot Restore From Backup on Dropbox

Options

Hey there, I am having trouble restoring my 1Password, and I need some suggestions.

First off my specs:

Mac running 10.6.8
1Password: 3.8.21
Using Dropbox to synch across iOS and Mac.

My son thought he was helping me out and deleted thousands of old files from Dropbox. Yeah, I know. Even though I was able to restore most of my files, my 1Password files got hosed along the way.

I tried restoring my Dropbox files to before the date of deletion, but that is proving more difficult than need be.

To simplify the process I want to restore my 1Password account using one of my backups. Unfortunately, when I choose: File > Restore Date File From Backup > Select File I am unable to do so.

I can select the backup file with no trouble, but 1Password appears to freeze. I can see that the progress wheel is spinning, but there is no progress. I even let 1Password run over night with no luck.

Any suggestions on what I can do to resurrect 1Password?

Thanks!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nalts,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting your database restored into 1Password. That's no fun! We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    http://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac3

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• nalts
    nalts
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan-

Thanks for taking the time to reply. As a heads up, I just sent off my diagnostic report. I look forward to getting my problem fixed.

Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nalts,

Thanks for sending that Report in! I took a quick look in our system, but I was unable to find an email from the address you attached to your forum account. If you could send me a private message with the address that you used to send in the Report, I'd be happy to track it down and ensure that it gets answered quickly. :)

• nalts
    nalts
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan-

I just resent the report from the email address listed on your records. Thanks for your help.

• Hi @nalts‌,

I found both the existing ticket from a few days ago, and your re-sent diagnostic, and merged them. You should get some help soon from our support team. :)

ref: NNS-68668-582

• nalts
    nalts
    Community Member
    Options

It appears that I was finally able to restore from a backup. I had Dropbox restore my data (and my 1Password backups) and this appears to have worked. No idea why my computer was spitting out the bad reports. Hopefully all is well for now.

Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nalts,

I'm so glad to hear that you managed to restore from a backup! I'm sorry that it was a bit of a process for you. I hope 1Password behaves nicely for you from now on ... but if you hit any further snags, you know where to find us!

This discussion has been closed.