Can I run the "Skype for iPad" app from 1Password 5? [Not possible at this time]

Options
Mel Burstein
Mel Burstein
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

The only way that I have been able to run Skype on my iPad 2 has been to click on the "Skype for iPad" app and manually key in the login and password. I tried to set it up under 1Password 5 and could not get to the screen for making Video Calls. So I had to invoke the app directly. Is there someway to do this from within 1Password 5? Not just for Skype, but for any app.

By the way, I love 1Password. What a GREAT product. And the support you provide is unmatched! Thank You.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Skype (i.e., Microsoft) would have to incorporate the 1Password extension API into Skype so that 1Password could communicate to Skype via the 1Password extension. For further gruesome details :) have a look at the 1Password for iOS Extension FAQ...then apply some pressure on Skype! ;)

Stephen

• Mel Burstein
    Mel Burstein
    Community Member
    Options

Very helpful information. Thanks Stephen.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Mel Burstein,

Thanks so much for your kind words about 1Password! I'm glad that @Stephen_C's explanation was helpful here.

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.