iCloud sync not working (Only supported in the App Store version)

MikeT
edited September 2014 in iOS
This discussion was created from comments split from: Beta 5.1 (501008) looking great on iPhone 6 :-).

Comments

• lem3ssie
    lem3ssie
    Community Member

That's right, but correct if i'm wrong, icloud is former icloud not cloudkit. Cause I can't test cloudkit sync in last beta, syncing never ends.

• MikeT
    edited September 2014

Hi @lem3ssie,

The iCloud Sync (Cloudkit-based) isn't supported outside of the App Stores right now, which means it is not supported in the public betas.

You can only use iCloud sync in the stable App Store version of 1Password.

There is some good news and that is Apple does allow iCloud sync in the TestFlight beta testing. The problem right now is that it is not yet ready to accept external testers. Hopefully, it won't be too long before they open up and we can invite our beta team here into TestFlight.

Your best option right now is to switch to Dropbox or Wi-Fi.

• iWilliamsJ
    iWilliamsJ
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT‌ I was able to create a folder in iCloud Drive on my Mac running OS X Yosemite and I named 1Password 4 then I directed 1Password 4.5 B24 to synch there this is working for me doing synching between Mac clients only and the changes I make show up intantly.

• Hi @iWillamsJ,

Right now, there are some issues where iCloud Drive does not pick up smaller changes in a bundle file, you might want to keep an eye out on that. They might have done some improvements recently in the backend but for now, we don't recommend iCloud Drive until they fix the issue we've reported.

However assuming that iCloud Drive works perfectly with bundle files, then yes, 1Password's Folder Sync would work great between Macs and possibly Windows as well. Unfortunately, that doesn't apply to iOS at the moment.

• iWilliamsJ
    iWilliamsJ
    Community Member

@MikeT, Thanks a lot for the heads up, I will stop syncing completely on the Mac beta client for the time being just to be on the safe side. I hope everything will be running smooth with iCloud Drive once Yosemite ships in October.

• We hope so as well.

This discussion has been closed.