upgrade from 3 to 4 cannot restore [moved to email]

Options
BSBecker
BSBecker
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

Sadly I did not follow the steps accurately. I have a zip file/back up, but the newest version is not accepting it. I click on the old backups and restore, but nothing happens. I am using the most recent IOS for mac.

Comments

• BSBecker
    BSBecker
    Community Member
    Options

I removed the extension from Google Chrome. I created a new vault ... restored an old backup that clearly shows it has info (337 items). Yet nothing happens when it reboots. HELP!! I cannot get to my passwords!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BSBecker,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble updating to 1Password 4. If you have an old backup from 1Password 3 that you would like to install into 1Password 4, here's what you'll need to do:

• Choose your most recent 1Password _insert date here.agilekeychain_zip file
    • In Finder, change the name to 1Password.agilekeychain.zip
    • Unzip the file
    • This will create a 1Password.agilekeychain
    • Move this file to your desktop, or some other memorable location
    • Open your empty vault in 1Password
    • Go to Preferences > Sync and select Folder Sync
    • Find the 1Password.agilekeychain file on your desktop and select it.
    • 1Password will prompt you for the Master Password that you used for that keychain in 1Password 3.
    • Enter it to import the data into your empty vault.

I hope this gets you all sorted out, but if you have any further questions, we're here for you!

• BSBecker
    BSBecker
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

Ok - so for another time I had to re-install everythign on my Mac. have a clean computer (new HD put in).
    Now I have downloaded the 1password version 4 .. I have the data file on dropbox, but it wont let me open the main vault. It does not recognize my password !! HELP @Megan‌ ! This version 4 is a mess :(

• BSBecker
    BSBecker
    Community Member
    Options

I created a new vault - with hopes of bringing it in, but no such luck. If I recall back, I found backups -- now i would need to download a zip file from Backblaze. Please help. Wish there was telephone suppport :(

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BSBecker,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're still having trouble! Now, we are able to offer telephone support, but we've found that most issues can be resolved efficiently via email. Whichever course is best for you, we'll need to start by taking a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

(Please be sure to select the tab that corresponds to the version of 1Password you have installed currently)

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• BSBecker
    BSBecker
    Community Member
    Options

Done - and gave history. Looking forward to being back up and running!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @BSBecker,

We've located your email with the report - thanks for sending that in! Someone from our email support team will review it and get back to you as soon they can with more help for recovering your 1Password data. :)

internal reference number: HZU-41497-445

• BSBecker
    BSBecker
    Community Member
    Options

Resolved issue on my own. While I created a new vault - and had no success. Tonight I double clicked on the old keychain I had saved and I was able to go into the preferences - changed the vault location and merged. Have everything now. Whew... that was simple yet not spelled out anywhere.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BSBecker,

I'm really glad to hear you've been able to resolve this issue and can access your 1Password data again! I wish this had been a more straightforward process for you and will pass along your feedback for it to be made clearer.

If there's anything else we can help you with please don't hesitate to ask!

• vistaclara
    vistaclara
    Community Member
    Options

This is very frustrating. There are so many posts on this same problem, but I cannot find a solution, only suggestions from Agilebits to send in a diagnostic report. If so many people are having this problem, wouldn't be a good idea to post a solution rather than having everyone send in their diagnostic report. Better yet, since I see posts nearly a year old, shouldn't Agilebits correct the problem? Sorry if this seems a bit harsh, but my frustration level is a bit high right now. This is a great product, but... arrrrgh.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vistaclara‌.

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble as well. Although this thread is not a year old — the most recent post was just two months ago — we do take every problem very seriously.

In this case, there has not been a consistently reproducible issue, so we've needed to help folks on a one-on-one basis. I completely understand your frustration, but it will genuinely help us to get a Diagnostics Report from your specific Mac since every configuration is different.

So we can give you some specific (and hopefully easy) instructions, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Just to make sure we are on the same page, can you be sure to include a specific description of your problem in the email? If there is any variation from what was reported months ago by a different user on a different Mac it could really help us narrow down the issue in your particular case.

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance! I'm sure we'll get things sorted out for you without too much more trouble. :)

• vistaclara
    vistaclara
    Community Member
    Options

Rebooted and it worked. Not sure why. Thanks for the quick response.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That is fantastic news. Thank you for following up to let us know that's all it took, @vistaclara‌!

Have a wonderful weekend!

This discussion has been closed.