1Password Unlocks Using Touch ID After Restart [Will be fixed soon]

Options
Fooligan
Fooligan
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

I have noticed that 1Password unlocks using Touch ID after am iOS restart. I am no longer getting asked to enter my master password on version 5.1 (501008).

Comments

• Hi @Fooligan,

Thanks, I can confirm it is presenting it after reboots. I'll file a bug report and investigate what's changed to support this.

Are you on iOS 8.0.2 now?

• Hi @Fooligan,

Just want to update you on this, this is now intentional starting with 1Password 5.1 for iOS. We've improved and simplified the locking system in that version, you should notice less options in the Settings > Security as well to make this easier to use.

We will change the wording in Settings > Security soon to reflect that reboots will not automatically request master password but rather TouchID or PIN code first.

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info. That is good enough for me. It was the wording that confused me.

• You're welcome, the wording got me confused as well. We've fixed it in the code already and it should be visible in the next beta update.

• Hi @Fooligan,

Just an update after having an internal discussion, we've decided we're going to intentionally reset this upon reboots to require the master password every time.

The wording will remain, we'll just reset the keychain data when the app detects the device has been rebooted.

This discussion has been closed.