1PasswordAnywhere with iCloud Drive?

Options
digiagency
digiagency
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

Hi;

As you know we will be able to view our files across platforms with new iCloud Drive. I wonder if this will enable us to use 1PasswordAnywhere on iCloud.

Thanks

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We're actually using Apple's CloudKit APIs to sync the data. Confusingly, these APIs require enabling iCloud Drive but do not actually store the files in a folder like iCloud Drive.

We're certainly exploring possibilities, but I can't say when or if 1PasswordAnywhere (or something like it) might possibly be available for use with iCloud Drive.

• twmayben
    twmayben
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

When Yosemite is released and I'm finally able to upgrade to iCloud Drive across my non-iOS devices, will I be able to access 1PasswordAnywhere via iCloud drive like I currently can through Dropbox?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

I have not seem any comments on the subject. :(

@MikeT‌

Are you or one of the others able to comment on this ?

• MikeT
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi guys,

1PasswordAnywhere is a part of the AgileKeychain format and if it is sync'ed through iCloud Drive, you can access it like Dropbox or Folder Sync.

Keep in mind it is the same restriction as Dropbox, your browser must be configured to allow local Javascript files to be executed. Unfortunately, iCloud Drive does not have a website where you can run 1PasswordAnywhere from, so you're down to configuring the browser to allow 1PasswordAnywhere.

An OPVault version of 1PasswordAnywhere is being discussed but no timeframes as to when that might happen. If we plan to do this, we will make sure to try to make it run without needing the local Javascript bypass for the browser.

This discussion has been closed.