Can't delete Logins

Options
Michael Jardeen
Michael Jardeen
Community Member
edited September 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

So I built a new main drive using an SSD. Everything works fine except 1password. I have the lastest version of 3. I have applied permissions for everyone to read/write the application support folder for 1Password. I still get the following database error when trying to remove an extra Twitter record I do not need:

Exception: Failed to save the object [twitter.com/B92EF82AEB3BC71F23A35AE25DA0E5AF]: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=513 "You don’t have permission to save the file “B92EF82AEB3BC71F23A35AE25DA0E5AF.1password” in the folder “default”." UserInfo=0x630000263fc0 {NSFilePath=/Users/michael/Library/Application Support/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/B92EF82AEB3BC71F23A35AE25DA0E5AF.1password, NSUnderlyingError=0x63000024c420 "The operation couldn’t be completed. Permission denied"}

I am running 3.8.22, on OS X 10.9.5.

Comments

• Michael Jardeen
    Michael Jardeen
    Community Member
    Options

I viewed contents of the keychain, and then went to /Users/*******/Library/Application Support/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/. I selected all and changed the permissions to read-write for everyone and blammo it worked -- this makes no sense though and does not seem like a good idea.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Michael Jardeen,

I'm so glad to hear you were able to get everything sorted out by updating your permissions. If you notice any further snags, please do let us know and we'll help you out! :)

This discussion has been closed.