5.0.1 update issues with security lock

Options
Paco II
Paco II
Community Member

Original update to 5.0 went fine. Update to 5.0.1 created strange lock issue. After exiting and returning to app, I had to enter both pin and master password. Every time. Deleting and reinstalling app seems to have resolved it.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Paco,

That is a bit of an odd issue! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm glad that reinstalling got things behaving properly for you. If you notice this again, please let us know and we'll investigate further. :)

• afisherman
    afisherman
    Community Member
    Options

I am having a similar issue in Safari on iPad Mini 2. Whenever I switch out of 1PW and come back to it, I have to re-enter the password. Time settings are irrelevant.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @afisherman‌,

Could you tell me a bit more about the settings you've chosen in Settings > Security? Our TouchID FAQ should answer most of your questions and help you get the lock settings that work best for you. :)

• afisherman
    afisherman
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

I do not have Touch ID on the iPad Mini 2. "Lock on exit and PIN code" are both off. Time to lock is currently set at 24 hours but I am having the same problem at all the time settings.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @afisherman,

I apologize for the confusion, I should have been more clear! That document could also be titled PIN code FAQ, as the answers will all be the same for both TouchID and the PIN code.

However, it sounds like your settings are mostly good. We just have one more thing to check out. Please go into Settings > Advanced and check to see that 'Use iOS keychain' is enabled. This setting is required in order to get a reliable experience out of your lock settings. :)

• afisherman
    afisherman
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

I Do have that enabled, although I don't really know what that does.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @afisherman,

What that setting does is allow 1Password to temporarily store the Master Password in the iOS keychain.

In earlier versions of 1Password 4 for iOS, the lock settings were dependent on 1Password remaining open in the background. When the iOS would quit the app to reclaim memory resources, users would be prompted for their Master Password upon re-opening, regardless what their auto-lock settings were.

By providing the option to store your Master Password in the iOS keychain, we are able to respect users' PIN code settings, even if the iOS closes 1Password in the background.

As a security feature, if you mistype the PIN code once it will clear the iOS keychain and require the Master Password to be typed to access your database.

If you do not wish to store your Master Password in the iOS keychain, you can disable 'use the iOS keychain' in Settings > Advanced. This will allow you to access 1Password using the PIN code until the iOS closes the app in the background, after which point your Master Password will again be required.

If you're still seeing odd behaviour from your lock settings, we'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:
    http://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• afisherman
    afisherman
    Community Member
    Options

Email sent with diagnostic. Thanks.

• MikeT
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @afisherman,

I got your diagnostic report, thanks for sending it in. What happened is that 1Password saw the TouchID or PIN code was not enabled and it cleared the master password from the keychain, thus you have to enter it manually. This is definitely the wrong behavior and we'll investigate to have it fixed soon.

Thanks again for sending this in.

Ticket ID: HTR-56385-811

• afisherman
    afisherman
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike. I'll look for an update. Having to enter the password every time I re-enter the app is tedious.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @afisherman,

I'm with you on not wanting to enter the Master Password all the time. Typing on an iOS keyboard is just not simple. We'll do our best to get this fixed just as soon as possible!

This discussion has been closed.