Choosing Seperator

Options
morganp
morganp
Community Member

I have 1password for mac which lets me set a separator for easier to read passwords when set to a hyphen. Which generates passwords along the lines of: phao-chys-eio-rta-chim-rig

How do I set this option in the iOS version.

Given that I can synchronise my passwords it would make sense if they were all generated using the same recipe.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @morganp‌

Thanks for taking the time to write in! The option that you're referring to is available on Mac when you select a 'pronounceable' password. Unfortunately, the pronounceable password is not currently an option in 1Password for iOS. We've had a lot of requests for this feature though, and I'd be happy to add a vote for you to the issue in our internal tracker.

ref: OPI-1056

• morganp
    morganp
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Megan, it really would be great to have the same types of recipes available in all flavours of the app. Just to note that the password I quoted (phao-chys-eio-rta-chim-rig) was from your iOS page might be worth updating the page or adding the feature quickly as that seems like your advertising a feature that does not exist.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @morganp,

Ah, I apologize for the confusion there. We did previously have this option available for iOS, but it was removed because it was acting up. As I said, we're considering re-adding it. In the meantime though, I'll let our web guys know about this - good catch!

• fleet
    fleet
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Add another voice to the list of people that want random but pronouncable password generation back in the iOS version of 1Password. When I am creating a password I will have to type I prefer to use this method. When the feature first dissapeared I was a little ticked off, but I assumed it was a bug and that it would be back.

With every update I check to see if the feature is back, but no luck so far. For the time being I usually end up going to my computer to generate a password, but it sucks to have to do that, and my computer is not always with me.

I am surprised that the feature was ever removed without the intention of bringing it back as soon as possible. I am actually a little disappointed in Agile Bits about this one. 1password has been a lot more of a hassle to use now that I can't generate the kinds of passwords I need on the go, and I don't want to go back to trying to come up with secure passwords on my own.

• Hi @fleet,

Thanks so much for adding your feedback here. I sincerely apologize for the trouble! I've added your thoughts to the issue in our internal tracker. I think it's a nice feature as well, and we hope to bring it back.

This discussion has been closed.