Chrome Extension with keyboard shortcut

Hey Agile,

when do we finally get a keyboard shortcut for the chrome extension?

There should be a solution:
http://www.pommepause.com/blog/2010/05/hacking-crome-extensions-how-i-added-keyboard-shortcuts-to-1password-in-chrome/

Comments

• theElvis wrote:

Hey Agile,

when do we finally get a keyboard shortcut for the chrome extension?

There should be a solution:
    http://www.pommepaus...word-in-chrome/

Soon, we have it working in 1Password 3.5.0 β7.

• The default Cmd-\ shortcut should work.

We are just having difficulties to pass the keyboard shortcut information configured in 1Password preferences to the Chrome extension. I cannot figure out how to map the key codes.

I might have to just add a separate preference in Chrome extension Options page instead :(
  • theElvis
    theElvis
    Community Member
    edited November 2010
    roustem wrote:

The default Cmd-\ shortcut should work.

We are just having difficulties to pass the keyboard shortcut information configured in 1Password preferences to the Chrome extension. I cannot figure out how to map the key codes.

I might have to just add a separate preference in Chrome extension Options page instead :(

Unfortunately we do not have the \ Key on a german keyboard layout - attached!
    We do the backslash with uppercase + 7 and this is occupied for the help tab.

A Chrome Extension Option would be a helpful workaround!
  • I've changed the mapping in the Javascript-Code directly to CMD+#.

You have to change following line (in file /Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Extensions/gkndfifopckmhdkohjeoljlbfnjhekfg/3.5.0.30785_0/content_script.js)

var cmdBackslashPressed = (e.keyCode == 220 && e.metaKey && !e.shiftKey && !e.altKey && !e.ctrlKey);

to

var cmdBackslashPressed = (e.keyCode == 51 && e.metaKey && !e.shiftKey && !e.altKey && !e.ctrlKey);

Here you can find keycodes for javascript.

http://unixpapa.com/js/key.html

It's a dirty hack, but it works until Agile Websolutions integrate a config option for changing the shortcut.

Greetz
    Norman
  • theElvis
    theElvis
    Community Member
    edited November 2010
    thank you norman, you rock!

works excellent!!!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Indeed! Thank you, Norman. What an entrance! :-) Welcome to the forums.

We do plan to add keyboard shortcut customization to the Chrome extension in a future release, but thank you for posting that workaround in the meantime.

Cheers!
  • theElvis
    theElvis
    Community Member
    edited November 2010
    urgs you just updated your extension again und i have to fix the shortcut again.
    How can we give this some prio? :)

btw. excellent update - i love it!
    # expect the pass generator tabs blinks for a microsecond when we load the extension window with the passes!
    # i hope another website could never ever get access to the extension via the url and xss » extension://gkndfifopckmhdkohjeoljlbfnjhekfg/popup.html
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the love, theElvis! We are hard at work on coming up with a satisfactory solution.

# expect the pass generator tabs blinks for a microsecond when we load the extension window with the passes!

I was not able to duplicate this. Please start another thread if you can duplicate.

# i hope another website could never ever get access to the extension via the url and xss » extension://gkndfifopckmhdkohjeoljlbfnjhekfg/popup.html

Since the extension only loads its own contents, I do not believe XSS would not apply here. An extension that loads, for example, your Gmail messages or other uncontrolled content may be vulnerable, but it would be great to discuss this further in another thread!

Cheers!
  • patte
    patte
    Community Member
    edited November 2010
    ⌘\ — display popup (this combination cannot be customized at the moment, we hope to make it customizable soon).

⌘1 — select Logins tab
    ⌘2 — select Identities tab
    ⌘3 — select Credit Cards tab
    ⌘4 — select Password Generator tab

Tab — switch between "Logins for this site" and "All Logins" on Logins tab
    Right Arrow — show selected item details when in the list view
    Left Arrow — return back to the list view from the item details.

I downloaded Version 3.5.0 (build 30795) and have 1Password setup with
    • Fill Login keyboard shortcut - ⌘Y
    • Go & Fill keyboard shortcut - ⌥⌘Y

Can anyone explain to me how to get the popup to display on a European (/German) keyboard?
    ⌘\ doesn't work here (it's ⌥ + SHIFT + 7 for the \ alone on a german keyboard).
  • Franky42
    edited November 2010
    Problem for me: The Hotkey does not work with german keyboards: to get a backslash you must type: Shift + Alt + 7
    Even with prese + CMD the Hotkey does not work.

Please Help, 1Password is currently unusable for us!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2010
    Welcome to the forums, Franky42 and orc4hire!

I'm sorry that you are having this problem. Please see Roustem's post above for the current state of affairs regarding custom keyboard shortcuts and knauper's post for a temporary workaround for non-US keyboards.

If you are using a US keyboard, we have keyboard shortcuts galore. :-)

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Cheers!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB2GboGOuTI[/media]

Please update to the latest version 3.5.1.30798. :-D
  • theElvis
    theElvis
    Community Member
    edited November 2010
    khad wrote:

Wow, wow, wow!
    Thank you - it works excellent! :)

The next wish would be to add+submit entries automatically to the input field if there is only one entry. (like in firefox) - but i guess you already have this in queue... ;)
  • patte
    patte
    Community Member
    edited November 2010

Thanks a lot - you guys are the best ^__^
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2010
    On behalf of everyone at Agile, you are most welcome! It is our pleasure to continue to deliver a great experience in both software and support. :-)

Although, having great users certainly makes the process a lot more fun. Cheers to you folks!
This discussion has been closed.