Safari Extension Order [A bug in iOS 8, needs to be fixed by Apple]

Penelope Pitstop
Penelope Pitstop
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

Probably an iOS issue than something specific to 1PW but if I rearrange the order of the extensions in the share sheet, this order gets reset if I quit the Safari app via the switcher and relaunch. Any way to make it "sticky"?

Comments

• Runar
    Runar
    Community Member

I’m also seeing this (in 501012), but the same happens with the Wunderlist share extension, so I guess it’s not a 1Password issue.

• I've noticed the same thing as well. One possible explanation is that, due to an implementation detail within HockeyApp, each new beta of 1Password is actually installed as a separate app and the previous build is deleted. From the OS's perspective it's losing that app briefly, meaning it loses its place in the activity sheet lineup.

This theory is pure speculation, though, so take it with a grain of salt.

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

A good theory but it happens even if you don't upgrade the beta, you can just quit Safari from the Switcher. As Runar points out, I think it is an iOS issue because it happens with the Add to Things extension too and that is a released product. I don't participate in the iOS beta testing so if someone could report this to Apple I would be most grateful. It detracts from the usefulness of the 1Password extension and a report from a significant developer is likely to have more sway than from someone involved in the customer seed process anyway.

• Hi guys,

This is a bug with iOS 8, it happens even without any extensions. Just drag around the default iOS 8 activities and you'll see they'll revert to the original positions after killing Safari.

This will have to be fixed by Apple, so please file a bug report if you're a developer and/or send in feedback here if you're not.

Thanks!

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member

Done.

• Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.