Wi-Fi sync in v5.0.1

Options
instanttim
instanttim
Community Member

When i try to set up the wi-fi sync, it asks to disable iCloud (fine) and then lets me see the computer, enter the secret, and even hit "Sync Now". But then when I back out, the only button available on the Wi-Fi Sync screen is "Cancel".

So ultimately, I can't configure it for wi-fi and actually leave it set up properly. I can only cancel the setup, never save it.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I assume it does actually sync when you do that. Is that correct? If so, when you back out and cancel you should find the next time you go into wifi sync the previously used secret is already there. Does that work for you? (In other words, you don't need specifically to "save" the setup.)

Stephen

• instanttim
    instanttim
    Community Member
    Options

It says it's starting the sync, but it doesn't appear to actually do the sync. The data is currently out-of-sync and despite it saying "Sync started" the next time i go in there, the secret is saved, but it says it hasn't sync'd in a day. Which is super confusing since I didn't sync it yesterday either.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It sounds to me as if wifi sync is not, then, working for you. There are some things you need to check, and the first is to confirm that your Mac and phone are both on the same wifi network. I'm assuming they are, but just wanted to make sure.

Once you're OK with that point, are you running any specific anti-virus or firewall software? See this post for a hint which works with Kaspersky. If you also review that thread you'll see a suggestion in post #4 about sync using an ad hoc wireless network. I know that has worked for someone else who had problems with wifi sync.

If none of that helps please don't hesitate to post back and we'll continue to look for a solution for you.

Stephen

• instanttim
    instanttim
    Community Member
    Options

I did a wi-fi hotspot, which is similar to an ad-hoc, and it did work when i tried it. So i suppose it could have been my corporate's wifi being a little less than perfect. However, it looks like a lot of people are having problems with wifi...

I, for one, am looking forward to when there's a real yosemite version supporting cloud kit. Then I can get back to not worrying about sync :P

• instanttim
    instanttim
    Community Member
    Options

I take it back. It worked 30 min ago, but now it stopped working... even when i'm doing the hot spot/private network thing. This internet connection is working, so I know the devices are functioning. But no sync.

• instanttim
    instanttim
    Community Member
    Options

FWIW force quitting both iOS and 1password mini on OS X then re-opening fixed it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @instanttim‌

I'm so glad to hear restarting 1Password got Wi-Fi sync behaving for you, but I do apologize that it was giving you so much trouble in the first place! We're all waiting for Apple to release Yosemite so that iCloud sync can again be an option for users.

Thanks so much for your patience. If you have any further questions, you know where to find us!

This discussion has been closed.