Multiple iCloud syncs [Resolved: Use Dropbox until Yosemite is released]

Options
davidtreynolds
davidtreynolds
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I've had a hard drive crash on my iMac and when setting up the computer again with a new hard disk I attempted to get 1password to sync with iCloud, but somehow I seem to have 2 different vaults in iCloud and I cannot select the correct one. I am syncing the correct one on my Macbook, but cannot seem to get the iMac to sync with the same vault as the macbook. Anything I can do to get it all working?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

It might be worth trying deactivating iCloud sync on your macbook and have it delete the iCloud vault. I don't use iCloud myself but I believe you can then go into the System Preferences : iCloud and ensure that 1Password's data has been removed. Once you're confident iCloud is clear you can set up syncing on your MacBook again, give it time to sync and then continue setting up your iMac.

• davidtreynolds
    davidtreynolds
    Community Member
    Options

Yeh, I did that and now it is syncing again to iCloud from my Macbook, but when I tell the copy of 1password to look in iCloud, it cannot find the synced copy

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Did you set up the sync and then (pretty much) immediately try and set up the iMac? If you did it may just be about timing. There can be delays with iCloud syncing and these delays are outside your control. As I've just finished writing in another thread 1Password syncs to a local repository when you use iCloud and then on its own schedule OS X will sync that repository with the iCloud server. Until your MacBook does it's bit the files won't be present. If you give it some time (I wish I could say hey, 5 minutes and it'll be fine, but I just don't know) then try and set up the other end of the sync I'd hope that the files will then be visible on your iMac.

• davidtreynolds
    davidtreynolds
    Community Member
    Options

I left it for 3 hours - same thing. 1password on my iMac cannot see the synced vault from my Macbook. I'll try again tomorrow and see if I have any joy

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @davidtreynolds‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with iCloud sync right now. Could you please confirm that you have 'Documents and Data' enabled on your iMac? You can check this in System Preferences > iCloud.

• davidtreynolds
    davidtreynolds
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan‌ I do have that enabled on my iMac.

I've just submitted a diagnostic report too

• davidtreynolds
    davidtreynolds
    Community Member
    Options

I've left it overnight and still not working. Anything else I can try?

• davidtreynolds
    davidtreynolds
    Community Member
    Options

Apparently according to your support people on Twitter it's because I upgraded to iOS8 and upgraded iCloud, so I've switched to Dropbox syncing until Yosemite hits. Thanks for your help though.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @davidtreynolds‌

I'm glad to hear that you're all synced up with Dropbox. I apologize for misunderstanding your situation. I should have asked if you were also using 1Password on your iOS devices. Since you didn't mention them in your original post, I was looking for desktop-only solutions - my bad!

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.